Logistics: Travel, Lodging, Food
Workshop will take place in the Science and Math Complex at Buffalo State in Buffalo, NY. Participants arriving by air should schedule their travel to arrive in Buffalo on the evening of Wednesday, October 18th. The workshop will start at 8:30am on Thursday October 19th and ends at noon Friday October 20th. Return travel should not be scheduled earlier than 2pm. Attendees are required to attend the entire workshop.
The campus is easily accessible by plane and car. The airport is within 10 miles of campus and served by taxis and Uber. For those driving to Buffalo parking will be available at the Hotel Henry which is an easy walk to campus. Participants will need to make their own travel arrangements. Airfare and mileage will be reimbursed after the workshop. Mileage will be reimbursed at a rate 53.5 cents/mile. We expect most participants will be able to find airfare of less than $500. If your airfare will exceed $500 you need to contact contact Jill Singer (singerjk@BuffaloState.edu) before booking the flight. Incidental travel costs (parking, shuttles) will also be reimbursed after the workshop (see below).
If you are driving please park in one of the hotel designated free lots. Or if lots are full, valet parking is available for $10.
We have reserved rooms for all participants at the Hotel Henry adjacent to campus and a short walk to the Science Center. We've provided a list of participants to the hotel. The rooms will be directly billed to Buffalo State though you will need to provide a credit card at check-in to cover incidentals.
Meals will be provided on Thursday and Friday at no cost. Reimbursement will be available to cover your costs for Wednesday dinner.
Breakfast on Thursday and Friday and an evening meal on Thursday will be provided at the Hotel Henry. Lunches on Thursday and Friday will be delivered to our working space at the Science and Math Complex. Be sure to fill out the registration form to indicate your preferences for both lunches.
The project will provide reimbursement for your actual travel expense up to a maximum of: $500 for airfare and mileage, $150 for travel incidentals and meals that aren't otherwise covered (Wednesday evening).
You can obtain your reimbursement after the workshop by providing forms and receipts as follows:
- Fill out the Carleton reimbursement form (Excel 23kB Aug19 19) and send it, with your original receipts, to Lisa Nirva (firstname.lastname@example.org; Carleton College W-SERC, 1 N. College St., Northfield, MN 55057)
- For airfare, e-receipts are sufficient.
- For mileage, we need Google maps or MapQuest documentation of travel distance.
- Parking, ground transportation and meals, will be reimbursed with original receipts. Just a reminder that alcohol is not covered in our grant reimbursement.
- Make sure we have a current W-9 (Acrobat (PDF) 129kB Oct17 19) on file for you. If we don't, or if it needs updating, please complete and send it to Lisa Nirva.
- Please allow 4 weeks for check processing once your request has been received.
Carleton College, W-SERC
One North College St
Northfield, MN 55057
Attn: Lisa Nirva
Questions about logistics should be directed to Jill Singer (singerjk@BuffaloState.edu)