How to Use GeoPadsThe following topics are essential considerations for teaching with GeoPads. This page can be used as a guide to designing and developing GeoPad-enabled activities and for preparing students and GeoPads for those activities, including information on what students should know and be able to do with a GeoPad based on an activity's desired learning goals and outcomes.
Students work with GeoPads at Bowling Green State University Geology Field Camp. Details
- Instructor Pre-Requisites and Preparation
- Student Pre-Requisites and Preparation
- Selecting Hardware and Software
- GeoPad Software
- Data Resources
- Data Preparation
- Logistics (Guidelines for how to run a class day-to-day with GeoPads, Safety)
Journal Articles on Using Field-Based Digital Information Systems
- Digital Geological Mapping with Tablet PC and PDA: A Comparison. Clegg, P., Bruciatelli, L., Domingos, F., Jones, R.R., De Donatis, M. Computers & Geosciences. [December 2006], 32 (10), 1682-1698.
- Map It: The GIS Software for Field Mapping with Tablet PC. De Donatis, M., Bruciatelli, L. Computers & Geosciences [June 2006], 32 (5), 673-680.
- Mapping the Outcrop, Walker, J. Douglas and Black, Ross A., Geotimes, November 2000