Part 5 - Compare samples from different tectonic settings
The last part of this exercise focuses on geochemical differences between
the various plate tectonic settings.
- First, choose one of your three datasets (one that is fairly representative of your tectonic setting) to compare with data from the other groups.
- Second, have a representative from your group meet with representatives from the other groups to combine information into a single Excel spreadsheet which includes the above listed diagrams) that compares data from all of the four tectonic environments is required.
- The combined data set will be viewed in class and discussed. The following questions will be raised during our discussion:
- Which tectonic setting has the least amount of petrologic variation? Why?
- Which tectonic setting has the most amount of petrologic variation? Why?