Introduction to Texas Hurricanes
This activity was selected for the On the Cutting Edge Reviewed Teaching Collection
This activity has received positive reviews in a peer review process involving five review categories. The five categories included in the process are
- Scientific Accuracy
- Alignment of Learning Goals, Activities, and Assessments
- Pedagogic Effectiveness
- Robustness (usability and dependability of all components)
- Completeness of the ActivitySheet web page
For more information about the peer review process itself, please see http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/review.html.
This page first made public: Sep 23, 2005
- Accurately graph a data set.
- Deduce correlations between variables in the data set.
- Use the graphs and deduced correlations to answer questions.
Context for Use
References and Resources
Contact the Author
Controlled Vocabulary Terms
Resource Type: Activities:Classroom Activity, Lab Activity
Special Interest: Hazards, Quantitative
Grade Level: High School (9-12), College Lower (13-14):Introductory Level
Quantitative Skills: Graphs
Ready for Use: Ready to Use
Theme: Teach the Earth:Incorporating Societal Issues:Hazards, Teach the Earth:Teaching Topics:Weather, Teach the Earth:Teaching Environments:Intro Geoscience, Teach the Earth:Course Topics:Atmospheric Science, Environmental Science
Earth System Topics: Atmosphere:Weather, Atmosphere, Human Dimensions:Natural Hazards