Geo-Needs: Resources for Broadening Participation in the Geosciences
This page provides a collection of print and web-based resources that supports diversity initiatives in the geosciences. It is an organic, growing resource for the community, so please feel free to Contribute a Resource to share with colleagues. This collection is intended to: provide a framework that documents what has been done and where we are in promoting a diverse geoscience workforce (a lot of work has been done, but there's still much to do); conduct a "gap" or "needs" analysis to identify areas where more work is needed; and support future action plans for next steps in broadening participation in the Geosciences (scholarly articles, geoscience education research, preparation of grant proposals, networking and collaborations).
- A Focus on the Geoscience (and STEM) Professions
- Preparation for the Geoscience Workforce--Career Pathways
- Institutional, Programmatic, Departmental and Faculty Strategies for Broadening Participation in the Geosciences
- A Focus on Students: Strategies That Work
- Geoscience References, Reports, Data that Address Broadening Participation