United States Department of Agriculture: Agricultural Research Service
We try to make the highly technical stuff of scientific research as accessible as possible to anyone who wants to learn why and how we conduct research, what discoveries we make, and what are their real and potential uses.
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS)is the U.S. Department of Agriculture's chief scientific research agency. Our job is finding solutions to agricultural problems that affect Americans every day, from field to table.
- ARS conducts research to develop and transfer solutions to agricultural problems of high national priority and provide information access and dissemination to: ensure high-quality, safe food, and other agricultural products
- assess the nutritional needs of Americans
- sustain a competitive agricultural economy
- enhance the natural resource base and the environment, and
- provide economic opportunities for rural citizens, communities, and society as a whole.
This description of a site outside SERC has not been vetted by SERC staff and may be incomplete or incorrect. If you
have information we can use to flesh out or correct this record let us know.