Discover lesson plans, games, and other resources for you and your students, as well as links to EPA's online training academies.
The mission of EPA is to protect human health and the environment.
EPA's purpose is to ensure that:
* all Americans are protected from significant risks to human health and the environment where they live, learn and work;
* national efforts to reduce environmental risk are based on the best available scientific information;
* federal laws protecting human health and the environment are enforced fairly and effectively;
* environmental protection is an integral consideration in U.S. policies concerning natural resources, human health, economic growth, energy, transportation, agriculture, industry, and international trade, and these factors are similarly considered in establishing environmental policy;
* all parts of society -- communities, individuals, businesses, and state, local and tribal governments -- have access to accurate information sufficient to effectively participate in managing human health and environmental risks;
* environmental protection contributes to making our communities and ecosystems diverse, sustainable and economically productive; and
* the United States plays a leadership role in working with other nations to protect the global environment.
This description of a site outside SERC has not been vetted by SERC staff and may be incomplete or incorrect. If you
have information we can use to flesh out or correct this record let us know.