Teaching with Hurricane Katrina:
the physiography, climate, storm and impact
Key Katrina Topics
This collection of websites provides students and teachers with the best scientific resources for learning about various topics related to Hurricane Katrina and the Gulf Coast. Each of these sites is from a credentialed source, eliminating the need to sift through large numbers of unknown websites.
- Physiography: Websites describing and discussing the geology and geography of the areas affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Mississippi River and Delta: Resources discussing and describing the Mississippi River and Delta and how it is related to Hurricane Katrina.
- Human Impacts and Development: Web sites describing how humans and development have impacted the areas hit by Hurricane Katrina.
- Natural Resources: Web sites describing natural resources found in the areas affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Gulf Coast Climate: Web sites describing the climate of the regions affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Hurricanes and Hurricane History: Web sites describing the science of hurricanes and the hurricane history in the Gulf Coast.
- Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina: Web sites describing the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina including information on rebuilding, relief, impacts and more.
- Hurricane Katrina and Human Health: Web sites describing the human health risks associated with aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.