Introduction to Earth Science
Johnson State College (Public four-year institution, primarily undergraduate)
Introduction to Earth Science will expose you, the student, to the principles that underlie our understanding of how and why the Earth evolves. You will learn about the wide variety of processes associated with geological activity and begin to develop an appreciation for geological time, plate tectonics, and many of Earth's cycles. This knowledge may help you make intelligent decisions about events that affect humankind.
Course URL: http://kanat.jsc.vsc.edu/env1050
- Evaluate the magnitude of numbers
- Solve map problems of scale, location, and distance
- Explain the relationship of earthquakes and volcanoes to plate tectonic theory
- Evaluate the magnitude of the ozone problem and the greenhouse effect
- Describe weather patterns and the reasons for the seasons
- Work cooperatively in groups
- Write clearly and present professional quality work
- Recognize the benefits of punctuality
References and Notes:
AGI/NAGT, 2006. Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology, Seventh Edition, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 302 pages.