Review & Install
- Optional Review Sessions this Week! There is still room in all 3 of the Module 2 Review sessions. Due to spring breaks, we know that some of you are playing catch-up this week. We strongly encourage those of you who have fallen behind schedule to attend one of these sessions. If you have not yet signed up for a Review Session, but would like to attend one, please go back to the top page of Week 8 to sign up now.
- Be Prepared! We will be using Elluminate Live! real-time web collaboration software for the review sessions. This will allow you to see the instructors' computer screens as they perform live demonstrations. If you wish to follow along on-screen, you must configure your computer for Elluminate Live! BEFORE the review session. Instructions for configuring Elluminate and the teleconference phone number can be found on the Module 2 Review page, which is accessible from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Install Google Earth. In Module 3, we will be using Google Earth together with the other tools you have explored so far in this course (i.e. ImageJ, Giovanni, and AEJEE/ArcGIS). Please install Google Earth this week so that you are ready to begin Module 3 next week.
- Emailing the instructors. When you have course-related questions, we prefer that you post them on the discussion pages rather than sending individual emails. This will help others who may have the same questions. However, we understand that there are some messages that you would like to send to us privately. When sending an email message, please send it to all of us (Carla_McAuliffe@terc.edu, Erin_Bardar@terc.edu, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
- Resolve unanswered questions about GIS tools and techniques.
- Be prepared to start Module 3.
- Provide feedback on course review sessions.
List of This Week's Tasks
- Review GIS analysis techniques from Module 2 (database and spatial querying, symbolizing, classifying, adding latitude/longitude data, gathering statistics).
- Install & test Google Earth.
- Post a screenshot of your school in Google Earth to show that you have the software installed and running.
- Answer the Module 2 Review Session Feedback questions.
A Look at the Week Page by Page
Module 2 Review
This page provides information about preparing for and attending a Module 2 Review Session.
- Session 1: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 1 pm EST
- Session 2: Monday, April 12, 2010, 7 pm EST
- Session 3: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 7 pm EST
Install Google Earth
This page provides an overview of Google Earth capabilities and instructions for installing Google Earth on your Mac or PC. After you have successfully installed Google Earth, find your school and take a screenshot. This is the image that you'll post to your discussion section.
This weekly activity is required and is due on Thursday, April 15, 2010.
Share and Discuss
This page allows you to access your discussion section plus gives you the opportunity to provide us feedback.
Feedback is optional and anonymous. However, if you have time to provide feedback, you can help us better meet your needs.
Posting on Your Weekly Discussion Section Page (i.e. JSC 1, JSC 2, etc.)
Post a screenshot to show that you have successfully installed Google Earth.
This weekly activity is required and should occur no later than Thursday, April 15, 2010.