Part 1—Download Software and Data
Step 1 Download and Install My World GIS Software
Note: A 45-day free trial of My World is available through PASCO scientific. The instructions for downloading will be updated soon.
- Open the My World homepage in a new window and click the Get the Software! button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Look for the FREE 45-DAY TRIAL VERSION box and click the link to PASCO's My World Trial Registration Page.
- A new web browser window opens and displays the PASCO registration form. Complete the form. Make sure to fill out the required fields shown in red. Then click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- A My World GIS™ version 4.x Trial Version Installer loads. Click on the "Start Installer for..." button. This will start the My World GIS installation on your computer.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install My World GIS on your computer.
Note: You may want to return to the My World GIS website later and explore its resources.
Step 2 Download the Greenland Project File
- Right-click (PC) or control-click (Mac) the link below to download the project file to your computer. Choose the option that will download the file to your computer. "Download Linked File...", "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." are common browser commands to accomplish this task. This is a large data file, so it may take several minutes to download.
Climate_Change_Greenland.m3vz ( 4.7MB May5 08)
- Save this file in a place where you can easily locate it. If possible, store it in the Projects folder of the My World folders. The pathway to the folder is:
Applications (or Programs) > My World GIS 4.x > data > Projects.
My World GIS can open a project file wherever it is on your computer. However, to make it available through the Data Library, you must place it inside the My World GIS 4.x > data > Projects folder. The default location for My World GIS software is in the Applications or Programs folder.