More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
Information Type: Event
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- Accelerating Systemic Change Network 19 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- ADVANCEGeo 1 match
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 18 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- CUREnet 13 matches
- Cutting Edge 135 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 58 matches
- EarthScope ANGLE 3 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- Geoscience Education Infrastructure Planning Meeting 1 match
- GET Spatial Learning 1 match
- GETSI 8 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 86 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 4 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 4 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 75 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 2 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 4 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Project EDDIE 9 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 122 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 11 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teach the Earth 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB 6 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 654 matches
Rock Stars in the Classroom: Student Success and Retention in STEM
Sep 27 - Oct 14, 2020 Where: Online via Zoom When: 9/30 12:00pm-1:00pm, 10/7 12:00pm-1:00pm, and 10/14 12:00pm-1:00pm Who: Full-time and adjunct STEM faculty, school specialists and liaisons, and interested parties! Workshop Goals Who ...
Increasing Inclusivity in Your Courses
Sep 25 - Nov 13, 2020 Where: Zoom When: September 25 - What is Inclusivity? October 23 - Inclusive Teaching Strategies November 13 - Implementing Inclusive Teaching Strategies Who: Instructors (full time and adjunct) specifically in ...
Bring the Alfredo sauce out of your class: developing active learning strategies to improve your class activities
Sep 25 - Oct 2, 2020 Where: Online workshop When: September 25th and October 2nd Who: Faculty at Leeward CC, full-time and adjuncts Workshop Goals Share/model best practices for multidisciplinary teaching. Model and develop ideas for ...
Active Learning for Increased Inclusivity
Sep 25 - Oct 9, 2020 Where: virtual workshops When: October 9th and 16th (successive Fridays), 10:00 AM - noon Who: Any Science faculty who wish to build a "toolbox" of quick (easy!) active learning strategies and gain ...
STEM Student Success Series
Sep 17 - Nov 30, 2020 Session #1 Fostering Inclusive Learning Communities Session #2 Empowering Students to Become Self-Regulated Learners Session #3 Cultivating Your Students' Science Identity Where: Virtual through Zoom ...
Webinar: Teaching undergrads about floods: frequency, modeling, and mitigation
Sep 17 2020 This webinar introduces instructors to Modeling Flood Hazards teaching module from the GEodesy Tools for Societal Issues (GETSI) project. In this module students learn to do determine flood frequency from gauging data and make flood hazard maps using HEC-RAS. They then apply their findings to identifying vulnerable societal infrastructure making mitigation recommendations to reduce risk.
Pathways to Student Success in STEM: Incorporating Active Learning Strategies, Diversity, and Effective Course Design
Sep 16 - Nov 18, 2020 Where: Virtual (Zoom) When: Active Learning Strategies (Wednesday, September 16 @2-3:30p CST), Register Now » Diversity Session (Wednesday, October 14 @2-3:30), Course Design (Wednesday, November 18 @2-3:30) Who: ...
Thinking about Thinking: Strategies to Develop College-Level Learners
Sep 15 - Dec 31, 2020 Where: Synchronous virtual workshop When: Sept 15th, 1-2:30 pm- *Follow up Workshops will be in Winter and Spring* Who: Faculty and Staff, all disciplines Workshop Goals The presenters will share metacognitive ...
Teaching the Earth: Active Learning Strategies and the 5E Model
Sep 11 - Nov 6, 2020 Where: Virtual Format (Zoom workshops and Canvas discussions) When: Synchronous workshops from 2pm to 3:30pm on September 11 and November 6, 2020 Asynchronous discussions due in Canvas by October 16 and December ...
Webinar: NGSS-ESS Mini-series: Remote Teaching & Learning Resources, part 1
Sep 10 2020 Join us for this first webinar in a mini-series where you will learn about the freely available classroom resources from a dozen or so organizations that you'll want to explore for use in your "classroom." The resources focus on providing opportunities for high levels of student engagement and rigor for virtual, face-to-face or hybrid teaching.