More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
Information Type: Event
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- Accelerating Systemic Change Network 23 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- ADVANCEGeo 1 match
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 18 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Compass 1 match
- CUREnet 13 matches
- Cutting Edge 134 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 58 matches
- EarthScope ANGLE 4 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- Geoscience Education Infrastructure Planning Meeting 1 match
- GET Spatial Learning 1 match
- GETSI 13 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 86 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- IODP School of Rock 2020 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 4 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 4 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 92 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 2 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 4 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Project EDDIE 11 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 128 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 11 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teach the Earth 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB 7 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 691 matches
GeoCode: Using GPS Data to Visualize Plate Movement and Assess Earthquake Risk
Apr 20 2021 Tuesday, April 20, 2021 × 12:00pm PT | 1:00pm MT | 2:00pm CT | 3:00pm ET Registration deadline has passed. Presenters Chris Lore, Research Assistant, The Concord Consortium Stephanie Seevers, Recipient of ...
2021 Community Meeting April 15, 2021 Online
Mini short course: Teaching about Eyes on the Hydrosphere: Tracking Water Resources
Apr 14 2021 Wednesday April 14, 2021 10 am-12 pm PT | 11 am-1 pm MT | 12-2 pm CT | 1-3 pm ET | 5-7 pm UTC Capacity Reached. Registration closed. This course is part of the GETSI Virtual Mini Short Course Series. Instructors ...
Impactful Change Management: Differentiated Engagement
Apr 13 2021 The presenters will share their journey of utilizing Bensimon's framework of First Generation Equity Practitioners to engage the whole campus community. There will be facilitated discussion on strategies to use on your own campus, as well as how ASCN can support this work.
Webinar: Social Media, from the chat room to the classroom
Apr 8 2021 In this webinar, participants will learn how to harness the power of social media as an educational tool and find out how scientists and educators are using these platforms to teach critical thinking, be conscientious and responsible consumers of information, expose students to new concepts, follow breaking scientific news and teachable moments, have personal interactions with scientists and experts in a variety of fields, build communities of support, and dispel the fear/expectations of starting a Social Media account (worry of politics, inappropriateness, etc).
ShakeAlert: Educational resources for teaching about earthquakes and early warning in the US
Mar 31 2021 In this webinar, we will introduce the ShakeAlert® Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) system for the West Coast of the United States. We will focus on the development of resources for a range of audiences in formal learning environments and free-choice learning venues. Participants will learn about our other resources, which include a multi-lingual messaging toolkit, science education products such as animations, and training protocols used by technical partners who deliver ShakeAlert-powered alerts to people and automated systems.
Facilitating Change Through the Departmental Action Team (DAT) Model
Mar 30 2021 Tuesday, March 30, 2021 9:00 am PT | 10:00 am MT | 11:00 am CT | 12:00 pm ET (Note: the duration of this webinar is 90 minutes) Presenters: Joel Corbo, Center for STEM Learning, University of Colorado Boulder, ...
Graduate student onboarding courses: Exposing the hidden curriculum to help your students succeed
Mar 30 2021 In this webinar we'll discuss the value of graduate student onboarding, and explore potential topics for inclusion in such courses including student-advisor relationships, time management, communication skills, ethics and professionalism, and the research process.
Mini short course: Teaching about Modeling Flood Hazards
Mar 25 2021 Thursday March 25, 2021 12-2 pm PT | 1-3 pm MT | 2-4 pm CT | 3-5 pm ET | 7-9 pm UTC Capacity reached. Registration is closed. This course is part of the GETSI Virtual Mini Short Course Series. Instructors ...
Mini short course: Teaching about Planning for Failure: Landslide Analysis for a Safer Society
Mar 11 2021 Thursday March 11, 2021 12-2 pm PT | 1-3 pm MT | 2-4 pm CT | 3-5 pm ET | 8-10 pm UTC Registration is closed. This course is part of the GETSI Virtual Mini Short Course Series. Instructors Bobak Karimi (Wilkes ...