More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
Information Type: Event
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- Accelerating Systemic Change Network 21 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- ADVANCEGeo 1 match
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 18 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- CUREnet 13 matches
- Cutting Edge 135 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 58 matches
- EarthScope ANGLE 4 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- Geoscience Education Infrastructure Planning Meeting 1 match
- GET Spatial Learning 1 match
- GETSI 8 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 86 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- IODP School of Rock 2020 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 4 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 4 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 84 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 2 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 4 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Project EDDIE 9 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 127 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 11 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teach the Earth 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB 7 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 673 matches
Webinar: Using an American Museum of Natural History Teaching Case to Analyze and Interpret Patterns of Ice Mass Loss in Greenland and Antarctica
Jan 14 2021 The American Museum of Natural History has produced a series of teaching cases that use videos, age-appropriate readings, and data analysis tools to help students contextualize and draw conclusions from large sets of scientific data. In this session we will look at a teaching case that tells the story of NASA's GRACE satellites with a focus on the effects of climate change on the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets.
Building Inclusive STEM Communities through Partnership with Students: The Being Human in STEM (HSTEM) Initiative
Dec 1 2020 In this December 1 webinar, Sarah Bunnell will discuss the Being Human in STEM initiative and share concrete strategies that have been developed at Amherst College through partnership with students to enhance the inclusiveness of STEM classrooms.
IODP School of Rock 2020
Nov 30, 2020 - Jan 13, 2021 The 2020 IODP School of Rock takes a virtual tour through the cutting-edge, hot off the presses 2050 Framework for Scientific Ocean Drilling that will guide the next 30 years of scientific ocean drilling research. ...
Developing a Sense of Place During Distance Learning
Nov 17 2020 In this Tuesday, November 17 webinar, we will explore several approaches for incorporating sense of place into distance learning, including taking virtual field trips, tapping into local knowledge, and using a community's shared experience as a springboard.
Webinar: Passing the Sniff Test: What Matters Most When Looking at Earth and Space Science Instructional Materials
Nov 12 2020 Should you trust Earth and Space Science materials that claim to be "100% aligned to the NGSS"? In this November 12 webinar hosted by NextGenScience, participants will consider what really matters when developing, selecting, or modifying instructional materials and go through the evidence-collection and analysis process to determine the quality of materials for yourself.
Designing Educational Innovations for Sustained Adoption: Writing proposals and developing innovations that have broader impact
Nov 5 2020 This November 5, 2020 webinar will emphasize iterative evaluation and development of a propagation plan using what has been learned from study of the literature and evaluation of propagation plans from proposals submitted to the National Science Foundation.
CUAHSI Services for the Water-Education Community
Nov 5 2020 This webinar will provide an overview of the Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI) to the NAGT community. Topics to be covered include CUAHSI's Data and Compute Services for discovering, sharing, archiving, and publishing water-related data and other resources such as geologic information.
Exploring Active Learning Strategies in the Virtual Classroom
Oct 30 - Nov 20, 2020 Where: Virtual When: October 30 and November 20 Who: EPCC instructors Workshop Goals Engage faculty in several active learning strategies (exam wrappers, metacognition) and teach them how to execute them in the ...
Enabling Change Agents with Systems Thinking Tools
Oct 22 2020 In this webinar, PULSE representatives will describe the structure of change agent workshops, give a brief overview of the systems thinking tools they utilized, and present assessment results that demonstrate that teams who employed systems thinking skills were more likely to have enacted meaningful curricular and pedagogical change.