More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- Accelerating Systemic Change Network 14 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 17 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- CUREnet 11 matches
- Cutting Edge 134 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 48 matches
- EarthScope ANGLE 3 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GET Spatial Learning 1 match
- GETSI 2 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 86 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 4 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 54 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 2 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 4 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Project EDDIE 5 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 2 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 93 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 11 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB 5 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 571 matches
Earth Education for Sustainable Societies
Oct 14-16 2019 October 14-16, 2019 Carleton College, Northfield, MN The application deadline for this workshop has passed. This workshop is an opportunity for thought leaders to come together and identify high-priority and ...
Operationalizing the Earth Science Week theme in K12: Geoscience is for everyone
Oct 10-17 2019 "Geoscience is for everyone" is the theme of Earth Science Week 2019. The NGSS-ESS webinar team is preparing for Earth Science Week by showcasing efforts around diversity and inclusion in the geosciences, and emphasizing K-12 connections and resources. Join us for a panel discussion focusing on work in the geoscience education community around the theme, "Geoscience is for everyone."
Lessons Learned from InTeGrate's Materials Development Program and What Remains Undone
Oct 1 2019 In this October 1 webinar, Kim Kastens (Columbia University) and Anne Egger (Central Washington University) will share the strategies that led to the development of high-quality resources that aligned with the InTeGrate's guiding principles, the evaluation strategies that looked beyond the results in one classroom, the scope of the materials produced, and lessons learned in the process.
Short Course @ GSA: Preparing Undergraduates -- Data-Rich Introductory Teaching Modules and Connecting Content to Geoscience Careers
Sep 21 2019 September 21, 2019 8 am-5 pm Phoenix Convention Center West Building, Room 106A Geological Society of America Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ Phoenix Convention Center area map (Acrobat (PDF) 305kB Sep4 19) Interested ...
Inclusive and Effective College Science Classrooms: Engaging Students, Designing Lessons, and Integrating Diversity into Curriculum
Sep 21 2019 September 21, 2019; 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM in Phoenix, AZ, in conjunction with the 2019 GSA annual meeting Location: Phoenix Convention Center, PCC West Building Room 211A. Workshop Leaders: Kimberly Tanner, Professor ...
Earth Education for a Sustainable Future: Supporting departments and programs through InTeGrate
Sep 17 2019 In this webinar, Ellen Iverson (Carleton College), Stefany Sit (University of Illinois at Chicago), and John McDaris (Carleton College; University of Minnesota - Twin Cities) will introduce the set of program models that emerged from InTeGrate, share a synthesis of lessons learned, characterize what we know about the impact of these programs on participants, and how the lessons have been integrated into the NAGT Traveling Workshops Program.
Using the NGSS to Change Worlds
Sep 12 2019 The NGSS (and similar standards based on the research of the Framework for K-12 Science Education) provide a unique opportunity for science educators to change their world and the worlds that their students perceive—and who's better positioned to change the world than Earth Science educators? Come talk about changing worlds and a few resources Achieve has developed in the past year as a part of our ongoing effort to support you in your efforts.
CURE Institute - Alabama State University
Aug 8-10 2019 August 8-10, 2019 The Application Deadline has passed. Accepted participants should confirm their registration by August 5, 2019. Alabama State university and the Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences ...
Workshop for Early Career Geoscience Faculty
Jul 28 - Aug 2, 2019 July 28-August 1, 2019, with an optional visit to NSF on August 2 University of Maryland, College Park, MD The application deadline for this workshop has passed and this workshop has already taken place. See ...