More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- Accelerating Systemic Change Network 17 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- ADVANCEGeo 1 match
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 18 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- CUREnet 12 matches
- Cutting Edge 134 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 48 matches
- EarthScope ANGLE 3 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- Geoscience Education Infrastructure Planning Meeting 1 match
- GET Spatial Learning 1 match
- GETSI 7 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 86 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 4 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 64 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 2 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 4 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Project EDDIE 8 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 2 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 110 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 11 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teach the Earth 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB 6 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 615 matches
(Suddenly) Teaching Geoscience Online
Apr 1 2020 This April 1 webinar will provide a rapid introduction to the elements of successful online geoscience teaching from a panel of seasoned online instructors. It will also overview available (and growing) resources for teaching geoscience online -- including both pedagogy and content elements.
Webinar: Teaching Landslide Analysis to Undergraduates: Planning for Failure and a Safer Society
Mar 26 2020 This March 26, 2020 webinar introduces instructors to Planning for Failure: Landslide Analysis for a Safer Society teaching module from the GEodesy Tools for Societal Issues (GETSI) project. In this module students learn to do geospatial modeling by developing landslide susceptibility maps in ArcMap. They then apply their findings to making mitigation recommendations to reduce societal risk.
How to "NGSS-ify" the Question Formulation Technique: A Deep Dive
Mar 26 2020 How do you design a NGSS unit (or modify an existing NGSS storyline) so that it starts with powerful, authentic student questions? What are best practices for helping students channel their wonderings into rigorous, relevant investigations? In this webinar, veteran Middle School science teacher, Nicole Bolduc, addresses these questions and more, as we take a deep dive into adapting the Question Formulation Technique (QFT) for the NGSS classroom. Using her own unit on sound as a template, Nicole will walk you through how to design for more student questioning in your own classroom. Leave with a specially curated set of resources and templates to get you started.
Teach Students How to Ask Their Own Questions To Explore Phenomena in an NGSS Classroom
Mar 5 2020 In this active, participatory webinar, learn the Question Formulation Technique (QFT), a simple, powerful strategy to teach students how to ask, work with, and strategically use their own questions.
Learn to integrate NEON data into your undergraduate classroom via Macrosystems EDDIE and other resources
Mar 4 2020 Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 - 8 PST | 10 CST | 11 EST - Participants will learn how to integrate the breadth of NEON data into their classrooms through Macrosystems EDDIE teaching modules, other NEON teaching modules, and through independent use of NEON data.
Webinar: Teaching About the Water Cycle with Data-rich Water Resources Activities
Feb 27 2020 This webinar introduces instructors to Eyes on the Hydrosphere: Tracking Water Resources teaching module from the GEodesy Tools for Societal Issues (GETSI) project.
From Recruiting to Transfer: Supporting Geoscience Students Through a Regional Faculty Community
Feb 21 2020 Registration Deadline: February 14th, 2020 Friday, February 21st, 2020 Lone Star College - Tomball This is a working workshop that focuses on strategies that build a strong geoscience department. We will focus on ...
Developing your identity as a 2YC faculty member: a workshop for geoscience graduate students
Feb 21 2020 Registration Deadline: February 10, 2020 Friday, February 21, 2020 Mt. San Antonio College, 1100 N. Grand Ave., Walnut, CA 91789 Workshop Description: Spend a day with fellow geoscience educators and graduate ...
Using EDDIE modules for the first time - What you need to know
Feb 21 2020 Wednesday, February 21, 2019 - 12 PST | 2 CST | 3 EST - Looking to implement an EDDIE module? This webinar discusses what you need to know when implementing an EDDIE module for the first time. Jen Klug will discuss the strategies, tips, and EDDIE module adaptations generated from the Project EDDIE Faculty Mentoring Network.