More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
Information Type: Event
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- Accelerating Systemic Change Network 19 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- ADVANCEGeo 1 match
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 18 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- CUREnet 13 matches
- Cutting Edge 134 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 58 matches
- EarthScope ANGLE 3 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- Geoscience Education Infrastructure Planning Meeting 1 match
- GET Spatial Learning 1 match
- GETSI 7 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 86 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 4 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 4 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 71 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 2 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 4 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Project EDDIE 9 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 111 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 11 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teach the Earth 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB 6 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 637 matches
Supporting Student Wellness
Jul 16-17 2020 Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we are no longer able to offer this workshop. We will contact current registrants soon with alternative options.
Course Design: Using effective lesson design strategies to enhance the use of active learning
Jul 16-17 2020 This workshop will address how to approach course design in a manner that will maximize clarity and provide opportunities for all students to succeed. Participants will work collaboratively with workshop leaders ...
Jul 16-17 2020 Updated for the online workshop format. Participants in this workshop will work to improve their science communication skills through interactive activities that can in turn be incorporated into geoscience ...
Art and Field Sketching
Jul 16-17 2020 A deployable module to increase students' drawing and sketching abilities. Drawing is a vital mode of communication in the geosciences. As educators, we use it to communicate concepts and processes to our ...
Teaching for a Changing World: Water resources and melting ice
Jul 16-17 2020 Integrating cutting edge data and quantitative skills into introductory courses can be challenging. The GEodesy Tools for Societal Issues (GETSI) project has developed a suite of undergraduate teaching modules to ...
Creating Inquiry-Based Labs for Introductory Geology Courses
Jul 13-15 2020 Inquiry based laboratory activities in undergraduate introductory geoscience courses are important opportunities to engage students in face-to-face and online environments. Often, laboratory activities are ...
Preparing for an Academic Career
Jul 13-15 2020 This workshop is designed specifically for graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and others who are interested in pursuing academic careers in the geosciences. Workshop leaders from a variety of institution ...
Earth Educators' Rendezvous 2020
Jul 13-17 2020 July 13-17, 2020 | Online Watch the Welcome Video! Learn how to navigate the EER program, where to find Zoom link info for workshops and sessions, and more! Rendezvous is going virtual! View the Program » and ...
The Whys and Hows of Implementing Virtual and Augmented Reality in Earth Science Classrooms
Jul 13-15 2020 Click here for the Participant Workspace (Login Required) Check out SERC's Teaching with Augmented and Virtual Reality page and join the community! Regardless of whether they are in a classroom or online, do ...
Teaching your upper-level course online: A Community Collaboration to build robust online Geoscience courses
Jul 13-15 2020 Are you worried about teaching your upper-level course in one of the "alternate" formats required by the COVID-19 pandemic? Or perhaps you already did so and know what worked pretty well and what needs ...