Highly Recommended Readings
- Pathways to Progress
- Rand Technical Report: Steps Toward a Formative Evaluation of NSDL (link to download full text for free is available on this page)
- Recent NSDL Updates and Links (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 172kB Mar31 12)
- UCAR Digital Learning Services spring 2011 report: NSDL Audience Survey Report: Who uses NSDL?
- NSDL Reflections
- William Arms: Implementation and Innovation in the NSDL
- Laura Bartolo: "NSDL-Style" Networks: Connection Across Audiences and Disciplines
- David Fulker: Collaboration, Alignment and Leadership
- David Mogk: Integrating Research and Education in the NSDL
- Mimi Recker: An NSDL Retrospective, The Case of the Instructional Architect
- Frank Wattenberg: Reflections on NSDL
- David Yaron: Reflections on the NSDL
- NSDL Comprehensive Bibliography http://nsdlnetwork.org/page/nsdl-comprehensive-bibliography
- Manduca, C.A., S. Fox, and E.R. Iverson (2006). Digital Library as Network and Community Center . D-Lib, 12(12).
- Manduca, C.A. (2008). Working with the Discipline - Developing a Supportive Environment for Education. In Evidence on Promising Practices in Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education, S. Singer et al. (Eds.). National Academy of Sciences. Washington, D.C. Paper available on the Board of Science Education website ( This site may be offline. ) .
- Narum, Jeanne and Manduca, Cathy (2012) Workshops and Networks in Brainbridge, William Sims, editor, Leadership in Science and Technology, A Reference Handbook. ISBN 978-1-4129-7688-6p. 443-451
- Bibliography for Workshops and Networks in Brainbridge chapter (Microsoft Word 172kB Mar31 12)
- Manduca, C.A., Iverson, E.R., Fox, S.P., McMartin, F. (2005). Influencing User Behavior through Digital Library Design: An Example from the Geosciences , D-Lib, vol 11(5). (Recipient of the Geoscience Information Society's Best Paper Award for 2006!)
- NSF's NSDL Program: An Overview of Its History, Progress, and Promise