Web-based Interactive Landform Simulation Model-Grand Canyon
Start Using WILSIM
To begin using WILSIM, we recommend you read these pages:
- Introduction to WILSIM-GC: an introduction to the development of the Grand Canyon, how WILSIM-GC simulates that development, and the parameters that WILSIM-GC allows you to vary
- Start Using WILSIM-GC: how to install and run the model
- Example Simulations: a couple of suggested simulations, and an introduction to the cross-sectioning tool
You may also enjoy exploring WILSIM-CA: our original, cellular automata model.
For Faculty: Teaching with WILSIM
- Learning with computer simulations: What research tells us about best practices in using computer simulations in education
- Teaching activities using WILSIM
- Share a teaching activity that uses WILSIM
Join Our Email List
Join the WILSIM users email list to find out about new developments, ask questions, or share your experiences with other faculty using WILSIM. We will use this list ONLY to send information about the project.
- April 1, 2013: WILSIM-GC website is live. Stay tuned for updates.
- August 15, 2012: We have been awarded a grant by the National Science Foundation's TUES program (Transforming Undergraduate Education in the STEM Disciplines) to build WILSIM-GC: The Next Generation Landform Simulator.
- See a list of project-related publications and presentations
- Read more about this project and the project team
Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this website are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.