Environmental Science at Carletonpast activities.
Past Curriculum Development and Faculty/Student Research
The Concentration in Environmental & Technology Studies (ENTS)
The ENTS Program Brochure (Acrobat (PDF) 117kB Aug4 06)
The Sustainability Initiative at Carleton
On Carleton's Sustainability web site, read about sustainability initiatives at Carleton, organizations at St. Olaf, Northfield, and the Twin Cities that promote sustainability, and information about upcoming events.
Workshop: What is Carleton's Energy Future? December 7-9, 2005
This faculty and staff workshop was a collaboration between CISMI and ENTS (funded by HHMI). The workshop collaboration grew from joint interests in problem-based learning and the desire to engage faculty and staff in the authentic study of an environmental issue on Carleton's campus. The workshop included intense work in small interdisciplinary teams to design a "blended inquiry seminar", team presentations of these ideas, a data-rich presentation and discussion about Carleton's energy future by Richard Strong (Director of Facilities) and Fred Rogers (Vice President and Treasurer), and brainstorming about ideas for the future.
- Kim Smith, Political Science and ENTS
- Jen Everett, Philosophy and ENTS
- Trish Ferrett, Chemistry and CISMI
- Richard Strong, Director of Facilities and ENTS
- Chris Petit, ENTS 5th Year Intern (2005-06)
- Tsegaye Nega, ENTS
- Cam Davidson, Geology and ENTS
- Julie Klassen, German and ENTS
- Brian Stenquist, Meeting Challenges (Workshop facilitator)