QuIRK Goals for Student Learning
Goal 1. Thinks quantitatively
1. States questions and issues under consideration in numerical terms.
2. Identifies appropriate quantitative or numerical evidence to address questions and issues.
3. Investigates questions by selecting appropriate quantitative or numerical methods.
Goal 2. Implements competently
4. Generates, collects, or accesses appropriate data.
5. Uses quantitative methods correctly.
6. Focuses analysis appropriately on relevant data
Goal 3. Interprets and evaluates thoughtfully
7. Interprets results to address questions and issues under consideration
8. Assesses the limitations of the methods employed, if appropriate to the task or assignment
Goal 4. Communicates effectively
9. Presents and/or reports quantitative data appropriately