Serckit includes a complete suite of tools for supporting education reform.
Tools that bring visibility and coherence to the expertise and experiences of your community
- Project and community websites from 10 pages to 10,000.
- Cross-project sharing features allow seamless re-purposing of content across sites.
- Support for community engagement: email lists to sharing of teaching resources; online discussion boards to community member profile pages.
- Flexible page designs and easy authoring environments.
- Ubiquitous taxonomic tools that enable richly searchable and easily managed collections.
- Advanced information architectures that guide visitors through complex content.
- Workshop and webinar support tools that cover all the bases: from initial registration to post-workshop evaluation.
- Support for online materials review processes to build high-reputation public collections or provide structure around curricular sharing.
Tools that are purpose-built for educational change
- Built-in support for key educational themes: effective pedagogies to next-generation science standards, quantitative skills to systems thinking.
- Online curriculum publishing from single activities to entire courses.
- Pre-built templates and forms that reflect best practices: from documenting curriculum to evaluating workshops.
- Collect, track, and score cross-institution student data, from IRBs to online and paper assessments.
- Support for instructor-only materials such as assessments, even within sites that are open to the public.
- Mechanisms to measure views and understand use.
Tools that empower projects and collaborations at inter-institutional scales
- Sites built by one author or thousands, in one place or around the world.
- Privacy controls designed to support project and community management.
- Combined reporting/dissemination strategies support management of large distributed projects.
- Project engagement tracking that integrates with demographic and institutional data to support evaluation.
- Online form tools that allow for customized collection, management, and export of project data.
- Integrated working group support: private online workspaces, document sharing, email lists, discussion forums.
- Membership services infrastructure.
Tools evolved and refined through real-world use
- Used successfully by more than 100 education projects.
- Home to more than 31,000 pages of original community content.
- Used to support more than 250 workshops and webinars.
- Has engaged participants at more than 1,000 higher education institutions.
- Reflects direct contributions from more than 13,000 people in the education community.
- More than 4 million visitors a year.
- A robust cloud-based platform in operation for over a decade with 99.99% reliability.