Contribute a Resource
We are interested in learning about ways that your department or program contributes to teacher preparation and professional development. We welcome your contributions that describe an activity, course, degree program, professional development program, or other resource that offers future and current teachers opportunities to learn more about STEM and geoscientific thinking. When you complete one (or more) of these forms, we will turn your submission into a web page and work with you to ready it for publication on the site.
- Describe an activity you use to teach about STEM disciplines for future teachers. Consider submitting:
- An activity you use in a STEM course that is focused on helping future teachers teach about those disciplines (in the broadest sense),
- An activity you use in a science methods course that makes use of STEM content,
- A practical experience that gets future teachers into the K-12 classroom to teach about STEM-related topics.
- Describe a course you offer for future teachers that focuses on STEM content and/or teaching. Subjects could include:
- Science or math content courses for future teachers
- Science or math methods courses
- Practicum-based courses
- Describe a degree program or certification program in for future teachers. These might include:
- A secondary science teaching major (BA or BS),
- A STEM teacher certification or endorsement program,
- An education major or minor,
- An MS or MAT for practicing teachers.
- Describe a STEM professional development program you offer for in-service (practicing) teachers and Higher Education faculty.
- Contribute a reference or other resource such as an article, book, blog post, video, etc. that you would like to share with the NextGen-WA network.