End of Research
- One week prior to end of research the Mentor receives an automated email reminder and is asked to confirm they are near the end of the research.
- The Administrator receives an email notification and releases the Final Assessment if the pair is on track.
- Student and Mentor receive automated message with link to Assessment
- Student and Mentor independently complete assessment and submit it
- After both submit assessment, message with URL link to Score Report sent
- Student and Mentor meet to discuss Score Report
The student and mentor independently complete the third (end-of-research) assessment and meet to discuss their responses.
Following completion of the assessment, both the student and mentor will receive an automated email with a link to the score report that shows scores from all three assessments. It is again important for the site administrator to remind students and mentors how to take advantage of the score report during the conversation by discussing how and why each scored the outcomes and why the scores may have differed from the first and second assessments to the third assessment.
EZStats is an easy to use tool that helps site administrators to generate reports showing changes in assessment outcomes over time (i.e., pre-research to mid-research; mid-research to end-of-research; and pre-research to end-of-research). We have observed that assessment scores often decrease between the first and second assessments, after mentors have had an opportunity to observe and interact with students and students have been able to re-think the strengths and weaknesses they bring to their research. This means that it is usually most useful to compare score changes between the middle of the research experience and the end.
Note: EZStats compares pre- and post-assessment scores for all student/mentor pairs, and only those pairs with both a pre- and post-assessment score will be included in the results. Thus, in order to generate complete and meaningful data with a valid analysis, it is essential that student-mentor pairs complete all three assessments at the proper times.
Basic information about the statistics available is available in the EZStats Guide.