Changes Underway on the Direct Measurement Video Website
Since 2012 we have been able to support the Direct Measurement Video project by volunteering our time and by attracting some limited grant funding. Unfortunately this model can not support the project in the long term, much less allow us to realize the educational possibilities that we imagine for interactive video. For that reason we have begun charging a small per-student fee.
Here are the changes underway:
- During late summer and fall 2017, many of the videos on the Direct Measurement Video website will be migrated to the Pivot Interactives site and will no longer be freely available.
- While we would love to be able to offer all of the latest material for free, a subscription-based service will allow us to continue to improve our offerings and maintain the project so that it remains here for you year after year.
As we migrate to a subscription-based service, we are aiming for a cost that is reasonable for teachers while allowing us to continue to develop high-quality videos and interactive instructional tools.
- Free, 30-day trial accounts are available.
- For high schools, subscriptions start at $150 per year, which includes up to 30 student licenses. Additional licenses are $5 per student.
- For colleges, subscriptions start at $300 per semester, which includes up to 30 student licenses. Additional licenses are $10 per student.
We'd love to hear feedback from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pivot Interactives Team
Each video below links to a page with several file format options and some suggestions for teaching. For complete lessons, see the activity library.