By March 12:
- The Workshop Stipend application deadline is March 12, 2013
By April 1:
- Register and pay for the workshop: Registration is now closed. For questions contact workshop organizers. (Note: if you haven't completed your payments yet, please do so by filling out only the last part of this form: make payment)
- Complete the Participant Survey: Your answers to these questions will help inform the workshop program and will be a part of the first morning's discussion.
- NOTE: If you haven't registered and paid by April 1, we will assign your space to individuals on our workshop wait list. Thank you!
ASAP to reduce your costs:
- Make your travel arrangements. Participants will be able to get back and forth to airport and to meeting venue by using BART - San Francisco's public transportation rapid transit system - whether traveling from the San Francisco International Airport (the closer airport) or the Oakland airport.
- Make your lodging and travel arrangements. Please see the lodging page for options and details (reserve now!). Please note that you are responsible for making your own lodging arrangements. ARRIVALS:
- For participants of the pre-event field trip, we will begin at 8 am on June 17.
- For those not attending the pre-workshop events, the main event will begin at 8 am, June 18.
- The workshop will end by 5 pm on June 20.
- Those who stay for the post-trip field trip, we will be done late in the evening on June 21.
By May 1:
- Complete reviews of 2-3 teaching activities from our collection. Activities will be assigned once you register. Please see this set of review instructions, which contains a link to the review tool with your assigned activities.
By June 1:
- Contribute two of the following:
- An assignment or activity for an Oceanography course or a course with a significant oceanography component at the undergraduate level. You must do this on line using our activity submission form.
- A syllabus for an Oceanography course or a course with a significant oceanography component. You must do this online using our course submission form.
- Complete the Travel Information Form.
By June 10:
- Indicate your session choices for concurrent workshop sessions.
Before arriving at the workshop:
- Make a poster (optional) or develop and gather materials for the Share Fair (everyone participates!) and a Group Session (if you've been asked to present). If you will present a poster or other materials that are electronic, when it's ready, upload your materials. Note: We cannot print your poster or handouts for you; you will need to print them out and bring them to the workshop yourself. However, we ask you to upload it so that we can make it available as a downloadable file from the workshop website. If you will be presenting, please be sure you have put together your lab or in-class demonstration/activity for your assigned session and that you have all necessary materials.
- Upload your presentation file if you are giving an oral presentation at the workshop. This will give you an on-site backup copy and will allow us to post your presentation on the website. You should still plan to bring a copy of your file with you. You will have the option of giving your presentation from your own computer, or you may use one of the on-site computers (both PCs and Macs will be available).
- Download the Medical Emergency Information Form, complete it, and bring it with you to the workshop in a sealed envelope. We will open the envelope and read the form only in the case of a medical emergency during the workshop and will shred it once the workshop is over.