You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 15 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 123 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 2 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GETSI 1 match
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 19 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 3 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 28 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 2 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 27 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 71 - 80 of 322 matches
Getting the Most out of Your Introductory Courses
Mar 10-18 2014 × March 10-12 and March 17-18, 2014 Virtual Workshop - in partnership with InTeGrate This workshop has already taken place. Introductory courses in the geosciences (geology, oceanography, atmospheric ...
Helping Two-Year College Students Succeed in Geoscience Courses
Mar 4 2014 Raleigh, NC - A Local SAGE 2YC Workshop Workshop Date: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 This workshop has already taken place. Workshop Goals provide a forum for sharing ideas about supporting student success explore ...
Oceanography teaching resources and practices in two-year colleges
Feb 23 2014 A Joint Project of COSEE-Pacific Partnerships and the SAGE 2YC Project In conjunction with the 2014 Ocean Sciences Meeting co-sponsored by ASLO, AGU, and TOS. Sunday, February 23, 2014, 9:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m. ...
Broadening Access to the Earth and Environmental Sciences: Increasing the Diversity of Undergraduate Students Learning About the Earth
Feb 23-25 2014 Arizona State University February 23-25, 2014 Note: This workshop has already taken place. Read the workshop synthesis for a summary of key ideas and the workshop outcomes for materials developed in association ...
Designing and Using Videos in Undergraduate Geoscience Education
Feb 7 - May 2, 2014 Feb 7, March 7, April 4, May 2 – 2014 Virtual Workshop Video-based educational resources are well suited to explaining the dynamic nature of geosciences, specifically processes that challenge students to ...
Webinar: Applying Geodesy Data to Societally Important Questions in Undergraduate Courses
Jan 31 2014 Note: This webinar already took place at two times - January 10th and 31st, 2014, You can view the presentations slides in the References and Resources section. Leader: Beth Pratt-Sitaula, UNAVCO Start Time: 3:00 ...
Bringing Active Learning into Your Classroom
Dec 10 2013 December 10, 2013, 1:00-5:00 PM At the American Geophysical Union Meeting, San Francisco, CA An important strategy for improving student engagement and understanding of complex, controversial or misunderstood ...
2013 Workshop for Heads and Chairs of Earth and Space Sciences Departments
Dec 8 2013 This one-day workshop will provide an opportunity for experienced and new heads and chairs of Earth and Space Science departments to discuss successful strategies and challenges with others, learn about building a strong department, and meet other heads and chairs.
Helping Students Succeed in Geoscience Courses at Two-Year Colleges
Oct 26 2013 Geological Society of America Annual Meeting Short Course 508 Program | Participants A short course and workshop coordinated by Eric M.D. Baer and Robert H. Blodgett, co-sponsored by NAGT and COSEE, and part of ...
519A. Teaching Geoscientific Thinking: What Does It Mean and How Do I Do It?
Oct 26 2013 Registration Details This half-day workshop is part of the GSA Short Course 4-Pack. For $55, select any two workshops from the four (add 519C or 519D). Early registration ends on September 23. To sign up for a ...