You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Geoscience Departments 14 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 116 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GETSI 1 match
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 9 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 2 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 6 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 17 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- STEM Ed Centers: A National Conversation 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 61 - 70 of 255 matches
Assessing Student Learning in the Liberal Arts: Sharing Best Practices
Oct 19-21 2012 Participants from all 14 ACM colleges will meet in workshop to discuss common concerns about coordinating, conducting, and sustaining assessment of student learning at small liberal arts colleges. Our focus will ...
The Math You Need, When You Need It 2012: A workshop for faculty teaching introductory geoscience
Jul 28-30 2012 July 26-28, 2012, Highline Community College, Seattle, WA To date, nearly 30 colleges and universities have successfully used the online resources encompassed by The Math You Need, When You Need It (TMYN). ...
Systems, Society, Sustainability and the Geosciences
Jul 24-26 2012 Construction of a wind turbine at Carleton College. Read more about Carleton's wind turbines. July 24 - 26, 2012 - Carleton College, Northfield, MN Note: this workshop has already taken place. Read the ...
Preparing Students in Two-year Colleges for Geoscience Degrees and Careers
Jul 18-21 2012 University of Washington Tacoma, WA July 18-21, 2012 This workshop has already taken place. For more information about what happened at the workshop, see the presentations and other materials linked from the ...
Teaching Structural Geology, Geophysics, and Tectonics in the 21st Century
Jul 15-19 2012 July 15-19, 2012; optional field trip July 15 University of Tennessee, Knoxville Applications: This workshop has already occurred. What are the grand challenges, leading edge ideas, and frontiers in structural ...
Considering Animals in Washington D.C.
Jul 8-18 2012 July 8-18, 2012 The Considering Animals Seminar will bring together faculty in the Washington, DC, area to explore how humans and animals interconnect and how understanding animals helps us better understand human ...
Preparing for an Academic Career in the Geosciences Workshop
Jun 27-30 2012 Annual workshop helping graduate students and post-doctoral fellows prepare for an academic career through the development of teaching and research skills as well as a personal action plan.
Teaching the Methods of Geoscience
Jun 27-30 2012 IRIS student interns examine a fault scarp during a field trip. Photo by Kyle Jones, courtesy of the IRIS Consortium. June 27-29, 2012 Montana State University, Bozeman MT Optional all day field trip - June 30 ...
Teaching Climate Change: Insight from Large Lakes
Jun 19-20 2012 June 19-20, 2012 At the Large Lakes Observatory and the Department of Geological Sciences at the University of Minnesota Duluth This workshop has already taken place. This workshop will be held in conjunction with ...
Workshop for Early Career Geoscience Faculty
Jun 10-15 2012 June 10-14, 2012 with trip to NSF on Friday, June 15 College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA Note: the 2012 workshop is over. Find out more about the Early Career Geoscience Faculty workshops, or read on for ...