You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 15 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 122 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 2 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GETSI 1 match
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 17 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 3 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 25 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 27 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- STEM Ed Centers: A National Conversation 2 matches
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 21 - 30 of 315 matches
Education Research Methods - How to
Jul 13-17 2015 This session is for those who want to increase their ability to conduct education research. Participants will have a chance to learn about principles of research design, qualitative and quantitative methods, and ...
Making the Most of your Intro Course
Jul 13-15 2015 Intro courses are one of the most important courses in any program as they serve as the beginning and end of many students introduction to a discipline, topic or way of thinking. This session allows you to work ...
Earth Educators' Rendezvous 2015
Jul 13-17 2015 Design your own professional development opportunity at the first annual Earth Educators' Rendezvous. Capitalize on experience of your colleagues at a variety of workshops, present and discuss your own findings, and network with others engaged in improving undergraduate Earth education.
Discipline-Based Education Research (DBER) and Geoscience
Jul 1 2015 Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:00 PM Eastern | 11:00 AM Central | 10:00 AM Mountain | 9:00 AM Pacific Webinar leaders: Kim Kastens (Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University) and David Mogk (Montana ...
Maintaining the Momentum: Networking and Actions by Geoscience Stakeholders to Support NGSS Implementation
Jun 9 2015 June 9, 2015 4pm Eastern | 3pm Central | 2pm Mountain | 1pm Pacific Announcing a webinar designed for everyone interested in implementing the Next Generation Science Standards in Earth and Space Science. Watch the ...
Preparing for an Academic Career in the Geosciences
May 31 - Jun 3, 2015 Note: the 2015 workshop is over. Find out more about the "Preparing for an Academic Career in the Geosciences" workshop series, or read on for more information about the 2015 workshop. May 31 - June 3, ...
Supporting student success for under-prepared 2YC students and students with disabilities
May 22 2015 College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA Friday, May 22, 2015 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Registration deadline: Friday, May 1, 2015 Workshop Goals Expose challenges in teaching under-prepared 2YC students (with a ...
Coastal Hazards, Risk, and Environmental Justice
May 20-22 2015 May 20-22, 2015 Tulane University, Center for Bioenvironmental Research New Orleans, LA Taking place between the 5th anniversary of the Deepwater Horizon blow out in the Gulf of Mexico and the 10th anniversary of ...
Student Learning About Critical Earth Issues Through the Use of Large Online Digital Data Sets
May 6 - Jun 24, 2015 May (6, 13, 20, 27) and June (17, 24), 2015 Virtual Workshop One of the best ways for students to understand the critical Earth issues facing humanity is through the analysis and interpretation of actual data. ...
Connections: Building a Geoscience Community that Engages and Supports Students
May 2 2015 Linn-Benton Community College, Albany, OR May 2, 2015 Registration deadline: April 17th Workshop Goals Showcase practical active learning techniques and teaching strategies that can be used in the classroom to ...