You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 15 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 122 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 2 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GETSI 1 match
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 17 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 3 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 25 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 27 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- STEM Ed Centers: A National Conversation 2 matches
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 11 - 20 of 315 matches
Engaging Students in Scientific Research in your Course
Jul 16-17 2015 The national PCAST report makes a strong call for using research in our courses. Integrating research into the courses we teach offers students training and practice with what we do as scientists and helps to ...
Strengthening Sustainability Learning in your Program
Jul 16-17 2015 At this workshop you will explore and develop ideas for integrating learning about the Earth with the societal problems of sustainability and the environment. You will learn from successful examples and will ...
Improving the Odds of Student Success: Academic supports and more
Jul 16-17 2015 To successfully reach educational goals, students need academic support, motivation, a sense of community, and professional opportunities. After reviewing what we have already learned about those needs - ...
Implementing the Next Generation Science Standards: Strengthening Student Understanding of Science and Engineering Practices
Jul 16-17 2015 This workshop will focus on how faculty and institutions can support future K-12 teachers in implementing the Next Generation Science Standards. Participants will focus specifically on ways to integrate ...
Maximizing the Value of Your Intro Course for K-12 Teachers
Jul 16-17 2015 This workshop will highlight an array of strategies for increasing the opportunities for students in your intro course who are interested in teaching, from rethinking the pedagogy in your course to incorporating ...
Strengthening Career Preparation in Your Program
Jul 13 2015 Education Programs are increasingly evaluated by multiple stakeholders including Employers who seek specific Career Competencies as well as technical skills to meet the needs of the emerging Global ...
Synthesizing Geoscience Education Research: Where are we? What is the path forward?
Jul 13-15 2015 This workshop will explore and evaluate the current status of Geoscience Education Research within the greater geoscience community. Participants will prioritize needs and directions for future Geoscience ...
Developing your Cultural Competency: Individual actions to improve the climate for all
Jul 13-15 2015 Science and academia have a culture that can be challenging for students, particularly those from groups underrepresented in the STEM fields. This session will engage participants in activities to increase their ...
Strengthening your Department or Program: Goal Setting, Design, and Assessment
Jul 13-15 2015 This session will guide participants through a strategy for formulating program-level student learning outcomes for a degree program. We will use a matrix-based approach to map how identified outcomes are currently ...
Strengthening Your Upper Division Course
Jul 13-15 2015 Participants in this session will work together to improve their upper division courses for majors or graduate students. With support, you will be able to improve your course to capitalize on backward design, ...