You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- Accelerating Systemic Change Network 2 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 16 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 132 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 34 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GETSI 1 match
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 48 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 3 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 37 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 1 match
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 3 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 2 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 46 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 414 matches
Nanoscience in the Earth and Environmental Sciences—Research and Teaching Opportunities
Aug 12-13 2017 A Pre-Meeting Workshop In Association with the Goldschmidt 2017 Conference Dates: August 12-13, 2017 Conveners: David Mogk, Montana State University (USA); Michael Hochella, Virginia Tech/PNNL (USA); Nancy Healy, ...
Flipping your Classroom
Jul 20-21 2017 Many well-respected groups and associated faculty have tackled the issues of Earth science classroom transformation through decades of research and application. Today, many significant pedagogical advances to the ...
GER Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative
Jul 20-21 2017 This session is for those who want to increase their ability to conduct education research. Participants will have a chance to learn about principles of research design, qualitative and quantitative methods, and ...
Designing your Course to Maximize Student Learning
Jul 20-21 2017 The workshop is for anyone who wants to incorporate what we know from the research on learning into their teaching. Participants will both learn about and be engaged in best practices as they design (or redesign) ...
Place, Cultural Context, and Geoscience Teaching
Jul 20-21 2017 We teach about the Earth in and by means of places, which are localities given meaning by human experience, and thus are cultural features embedded in the physical landscape. On the first day, participants in this ...
Neutralizing the Politicization of Climate Science and Energy Policy
Jul 20-21 2017 Participants in this session will work together to improve their teaching of climate science in a world of unprecedented politicization of that topic. Themes to be emphasized include rhetoric (the recognition and ...
Building Pathways for Success: Supporting Student Transfer from Two-Year Colleges to Four-Year Colleges and Universities
Jul 20-21 2017 Nearly half of all undergraduates in the US begin their college educations at two-year colleges. Given the importance of community colleges in the academic pathways of so many undergraduate students, what can we do ...
Preparing for an Academic Career
Jul 17-19 2017 This workshop is designed specifically for graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and others who are interested in pursuing academic careers in the geosciences. Workshop leaders will provide guidance and ...
Developing (or Modifying) an Introductory Geoscience Course Using InTeGrate Modules
Jul 17-19 2017 Research in STEM disciplines has revealed a suite of empirically validated instructional practices that can contribute to improvements in student learning and a reduction in attrition. This workshop will introduce ...
Using Recreational Drones for STEM Explorations
Jul 17-19 2017 This workshop is designed for educators, after-school club leaders, science-fair mentors, and others who want to facilitate STEM-curious youth using recreational drones as a platform for learning. The first 20 ...