Investigating Exploring Race and Ethnicity Using Census 2000 Data
Using data from CensusScope and the Population Reference Bureau students will explore trends in segregation and hyper-segegation. They will investigate the multiracial census category and the distribution of multiracial individuals across the nation.
After the completion of this module, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to state a hypothesis.
- Interpret a dissimilarity index
- Examine and use web resources to explore possible policy implications of data findings in this module.
- Define all key concepts
- Interpret data presented in both table and graphic form
- Demonstrate an effective use of the sociological imagination.
Context for Use
Description and Teaching Materials
Exercises: DOC (Microsoft Word 54kB Mar25 09)
Grading Rubric: PDF (Acrobat (PDF) 40kB Mar25 09)
Grading Rubric: DOC (Microsoft Word 32kB Mar25 09)
Teaching Notes and Tips
References and Resources