Attitudes Towards Premarital Sex
This exercise assesses students' knowledge about attitudes towards premarital sex.
- Learning about survey methodology and sampling methods
- Using software to access and analyze census data
- Identifying independent and dependent variables
- Learning how to construct, read, and interpret bivariate tables displaying frequencies and percentages
- Using real world data to enhance and support key course concepts
- Use survey data to understand attitudes toward premarital sex and learn how to analyze data tables to discover demographic trends.
Context for Use
This activity is used in a General Sociology class for undergraduate students. This activity looks attitudes towards premarital sex in the U.S. by race, sex, age, political party and education.
Description and Teaching Materials
Teaching Notes and Tips
This activity uses General Social Survey data provided on the Wadsworth Publishing Company website. See instructions in the exercise documents under teaching materials to open the data analyzer.
Visit DataCounts! for assessment tools
References and Resources
Original Archive Module: