Social Inequality: Research Paper
Current and projected data will be used to examine cohort differences among members of various race/ethnic groups as they grow older in order to identify possible political and policy implications for the future. Data from various states and metropolitan cities will be compared.
- Using software to access and analyze census data
- Identifying independent and dependent variables
- Forming testable hypotheses using quantitative data
- Quantitative writing
- Learning how to construct, read, and interpret bivariate tables displaying frequencies and percentages
- Using real world data to enhance and support key course concepts
- Use Census data and different data sets to write about social inequality.
Context for Use
Description and Teaching Materials
Teaching Notes and Tips
References and Resources