Members:Britt Scharringhausen (Beloit), Steve Singleton (Coe), Tim Tibbets (Monmouth), Marty Condon (Cornell), Janet Davis (Grinnell)
- Getting buy-in from skeptical colleagues and administrators.
- Identify resources for learning about these topics ourselves.
- Delivering these resources to interested colleagues.
- Implementation in larger classes.
- Does spending time on metacognition necessarily mean covering less content, or can it support the delivery of content?
- Persuading students that this is worthwhile.
- Writing Center Directors often have a lot of expertise in this area. Ask for their help with assignment design and assessment.
- Metacognition in Geoscience
- Karl Wirth (See especially Learning to Learn [PDF])
- Assign reading to group. Accomplish this by Sunday!
- Continue to post thoughts on the wiki - annotate resources for review, add resources that seem useful.
- Group members identify interested colleagues, brainstorm about implementation, report back on the Wiki.
- Meet (perhaps virtually, perhaps at Coe) before the start of spring semester to discuss implementation in classes.
- Finalize a short list of reading for our colleagues.
- Commit to small goals and actions for Spring term.
- Develop prompts for an Experience Report form.