Daisyworld: Stella Mac or PC
This activity was selected for the On the Cutting Edge Reviewed Teaching Collection
This activity has received positive reviews in a peer review process involving five review categories. The five categories included in the process are
- Scientific Accuracy
- Alignment of Learning Goals, Activities, and Assessments
- Pedagogic Effectiveness
- Robustness (usability and dependability of all components)
- Completeness of the ActivitySheet web page
For more information about the peer review process itself, please see http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/review.html.
This page first made public: Jul 19, 2005
This material was originally created for Starting Point:Introductory Geology
and is replicated here as part of the SERC Pedagogic Service.
- Concepts and terms such as:
- Stefan-Boltzman's radiation law
- albedo, emissivity, blackbody
- Basics of Stella and Model construction in the Stella environment
- The concept of homeostasis
- Learn how surface albedo changes can influence local and global temperature
- Use a plausible plant growth factor as a function of local temperature
Context for Use
Description and Teaching Materials
Teaching Notes and Tips
References and Resources
More on Daisy World: a feedback perspective.