Example JiTT WarmUp Exercises
Results 11 - 20 of 54 matches
Earth Systems Science part of Cutting Edge:Courses:Course Design:Goals Database
Earth is studied in terms of how different physical and chemical systems interact with each other.
Get your part of MnSCU Partnership:PKAL-MnSCU Activities
This JiTT activity will allow instructors to engage students prior to, during, and after lecture. This will be accomplished by asking questions using instructional technologies, course management systems, and in-class discussion of responses.
Earth and the Solar System part of Cutting Edge:Courses:Introductory Courses:Courses
This is high enrollment science course for non-science students in which we examine the evidence for how geological, biological, atmospheric, oceanic, and climatic processes work and interact here on Earth. We then ...
JiTT - The Future of Global Climate part of Examples
1) According to NASA, why is Earth's climate warming? 2) Is the Geritol solution the solution to global warming? Explain what the "Geritol solution" is, and then state your opinion as to why you ...
JiTT - Life on the Moon and Mars part of Examples
1) Based on "Microbial Colony in US..." article, what are Archaea? 2) From the same article, which of the following is NOT evidence to support life on Mars? a) Mars' subsurface groundwater system b) ...
Symmetry and Tilings: An Exploration part of Examples
Students are directed to read through a Web-based tutorial on Symmetry and Tilings in the form of an short and colorful article entitled Tilings and Tesselations; afterwards, they answer several questions on tilings (tessellations), tiling terminology, types of symmetry (isometries), periodic tilings and Penrose tilings.
JiTT - Threats to Biodiversity part of Examples
1) How is climate change a threat to biodiversity? 2) What are the impacts of pesticides on animals (including insects) and humans? 3) Can human population growth really impact biodiversity? Explain your viewpoint.
JiTT - Darwin Garden part of Examples
1) Why does biodiversity in an ecosystem "matter"? 2) Describe Darwin's garden experiment and the significance of it. 3) So Darwin figured out the connection between biodiversity and ecosystem health ...
JiTT - Cambrian Explosion part of Examples
1) How do scientists come up with the number 2 billion years ago for the first branch of life? Explain the dating technique and information that is used. 2) Describe the evidence AGAINST the Cambrian Explosion. ...
JiTT - The Legs of Snakes and Whales part of Examples
1) What are the adaptations needed to move from water to land (whether it be an arthropod or a "pioneering amphibian")? 2) Could snakes be linked to marine lizards? What your view and interpretations of ...