Example JiTT WarmUp Exercises
Subjectshowing only Environmental Science Show all Subject
Results 1 - 7 of 7 matches
JiTT-Scientific Method part of Examples
A "Just in Time Teaching" question about he scientific method with follow-up class room activities and an exam question.
JiTT - Ethics of Fossil Collecting part of Examples
1) What do you think it means for a fossil resource to be "abused"? 2) What's the issue with fossil hunting on federal land (such as National Parks)? Explain what your interpretation of the conflict ...
JiTT - Dam Removal - A Good Idea or Not? part of Examples
1) What are some of the biological effects of dam removal (good and bad)? 2) What are some of the more pressing/compelling reasons to remove a dam? Explain. 3) The Stanley and Doyle (2003) article states that, ...
JiTT - Darwin Garden part of Examples
1) Why does biodiversity in an ecosystem "matter"? 2) Describe Darwin's garden experiment and the significance of it. 3) So Darwin figured out the connection between biodiversity and ecosystem health ...
JiTT - Are Primates Worth Saving? part of Examples
1) What are some of the reasons extinction rates are so high for modern primates? 2) Why are some primates worth more dead than alive? Is there a way we as a society can change this? Explain your thoughts. 3) If ...
JiTT - The Future of Africa's Health with Technology part of Examples
1) What are the benefits and opportunities handheld technology can offer the health sector in Africa? Answer the question from the viewpoint of a health care provider and a patient. Does anyone else benefit? ...
Prairie Life: Observation and Recording of Plant and Animal Life part of MnSTEP Teaching Activity Collection:MnSTEP Activity Mini-collection
This activity is a field exploration where students observe, record and share their findings of plant and animal life on the prairie.