Example JiTT WarmUp Exercises
Subjectshowing only Geoscience Show all Subject
Results 1 - 10 of 21 matches
Just-in-Time Teaching (JiTT) WarmUp Activity: Dam Removal - A Good Idea or Not? part of Examples
1) What are some of the biological effects of dam removal (good and bad)? 2) What are some of the more pressing/compelling reasons to remove a dam? Explain. 3) The Stanley and Doyle (2003) article states that, ...
Just-in-Time Teaching (JiTT) WarmUp Activity: Geologic Dating part of Examples
1) How are zircons formed? 2) Which of the following statements describes relative geologic dating? a) the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus rex went extinct at the same time b) dinosaurs came later than horseshoe ...
Just-in-Time Teaching (JiTT) WarmUp Activity: Ethics of Fossil Collecting part of Examples
1) What do you think it means for a fossil resource to be "abused"? 2) What's the issue with fossil hunting on federal land (such as National Parks)? Explain what your interpretation of the conflict ...
Earth Systems Science part of Cutting Edge:Course Design:Goals Database
Earth is studied in terms of how different physical and chemical systems interact with each other.
Earth and the Solar System part of Cutting Edge:Introductory Courses:Courses
This is high enrollment science course for non-science students in which we examine the evidence for how geological, biological, atmospheric, oceanic, and climatic processes work and interact here on Earth. We then ...
Video Presentation Sessions part of MnSCU Partnership:PKAL-MnSCU Activities
Provide opportunities to experience historic and/or current scientific information through audio/visual media. Further, these sessions allow students to express and discuss their understanding of the science content and its relevance prior to writing a summary.
Written Assignment Sessions part of MnSCU Partnership:PKAL-MnSCU Activities
Provide students an opportunity to read scientific literature, express understanding of scientific content and write a summary of the written work.
Just-in-Time Teaching (JiTT) WarmUp Activity: Neanderthals and Modern Humans part of Examples
1) What are Neanderthals? How do they differ from modern humans? 2) Discuss some of the new ideas as to why early human ancestors dispersed from Africa. 3) What are DNA studies telling us about human migrations and ...
Just-in-Time Teaching (JiTT) WarmUp Activity: Cambrian Explosion part of Examples
1) How do scientists come up with the number 2 billion years ago for the first branch of life? Explain the dating technique and information that is used. 2) Describe the evidence AGAINST the Cambrian Explosion. ...
Just-in-Time Teaching (JiTT) WarmUp Activity: Threats to Biodiversity part of Examples
1) How is climate change a threat to biodiversity? 2) What are the impacts of pesticides on animals (including insects) and humans? 3) Can human population growth really impact biodiversity? Explain your viewpoint.