Complete List of Google Earth Activities
Subjectshowing only Environmental Science Show all Subject
Subject Show all Subject
- Water Quality and Quantity including water resource management, water quality and water treatment
- Energy sources, supply, reserves, uses
- Oceans and Coastal Resources
- Land Use and Planning planning, zoning, sprawl issues, urban heat island
- Natural Hazards
- Global Change and Climate
Results 11 - 12 of 12 matches
Old Sticks in the Mud: Hazards of Lahars from Mount Rainier Volcano part of Curriculum for the Bioregion:Activities
Volcanic debris flows (lahars) flow long distances, bury and aggrade river valleys, and cause long-term stream disturbances and dramatic landscape changes. Students will evaluate the nature, scale, and history of ...
Selecting Sites for Renewable Energy Projects part of Examples
Students use Google Earth to investigate appropriate locations for a variety of renewable energy projects in the United States. These include projects that use solar energy, bioenergy, hydroelectricity, tidal power, wind energy, wave energy, and geothermal energy.