Complete List of Google Earth Activities
Subjectshowing only Environmental Science Show all Subject
Subject Show all Subject
- Water Quality and Quantity including water resource management, water quality and water treatment
- Energy sources, supply, reserves, uses
- Oceans and Coastal Resources
- Land Use and Planning planning, zoning, sprawl issues, urban heat island
- Natural Hazards
- Global Change and Climate
Results 11 - 12 of 12 matches
Selecting Sites for Renewable Energy Projects part of Examples
Students use Google Earth to investigate appropriate locations for a variety of renewable energy projects in the United States. These include projects that use solar energy, bioenergy, hydroelectricity, tidal power, wind energy, wave energy, and geothermal energy.
Lahar Risk Assessment part of Integrate:Workshops:Teaching the Methods of Geoscience:Activities
Students act as first responders assessing Lahar risks associated with eruptions. Teacher sets an alert placemark on the Google Earth web browser plug-in and gives students X minutes to decide whether to evacuate a down-slope town. Students collaborate by text messages.