Carleton's Quantitative Inquiry Reasoning and Knowledge (QuIRK) Initiative - Carleton's QuIRK Initiative has done a variety of things to help raise the quantitative skills of Carleton students.
Quantitative Writing - Quantitative Writing is the written explanation of a quantitative analysis. This module explains how to use Quantitative Writing in the classroom.
Teaching with Spreadsheets Across the Curriculum - Ask students a quantitative question in a non-mathematics context. Then help them solve that question using spreadsheets. This module discusses this pedagogy and it's benefits.
Teaching Quantitative Skills in the Geosciences - This website deals with the opportunities and challenges of teaching quantitative skills in the geosciences which have traditionally been seen as more "descriptive" in nature.
Quantitative Literacy at Other Institutions
- Bowdoin Quantitative Skills Program
- Dartmouth College Center for Mathematics and Quantitative Education
- Dartmouth College Chance Program
- Trinity College, Hartford (Quantitative Literacy program)
- Wellesley College Quantitative Reasoning program
- Kenyon College Quantitative Literacy requirement
- St. Olaf College Quantitative Literacy Page
- University of Colorado, Denver Quantitative Literacy Page
Quantitative Literacy Organizations
Steen, executive editor, 2001, Mathematics and Democracy: The Case for Quantitative Literacy, National Council on Education and the Disciplines
Richardson and McCallum, "Quantitative Literacy and the Curriculum", 2002
Relevant LTC Sessions
Results 11 - 11 of 11 matchesCarleton College Learning and Teaching Center, PEPS
By PEPS Presenters: Greg Marfleet, Associate Professor of Political Science; Serena Zabin, Associate Professor of History; and Adrienne Falcon, Director of Academic Civic Engagement. We introduce a ...