More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Geoscience Departments 13 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 110 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- Geoscience in Two-year Colleges 10 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 7 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 2 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 4 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 5 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 1 match
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- STEM Ed Centers: A National Conversation 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 31 - 40 of 233 matches
Feb 8 2013 LSAMP IINSPIRE Science Summer Bridge Programs 10:00 AM, July 15th, 2013 Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA This workshop will explore some models of science summer bridge programs such as the Grinnell Science Project ...
Career Development Teaching Webinar: Jigsaws
Jan 31 2013 Jigsaws: Designing for success: January 31, 2013 Leader: Barbara Tewksbury, Hamilton College This event has already taken place. The jigsaw technique is a simple, well-structured cooperative learning strategy that ...
Effective Teaching and Learning in the Large Classroom Setting
Dec 4 2012 This active-engagement half-day workshop will focus on philosophy, strategies, techniques, assessment, and available resources on effective teaching and learning in large classrooms. In the current financial and education environment, many institutions are implementing larger classes, which present a unique set of opportunities and challenges. Participants will leave this workshop armed with research-based knowledge and practical advice from the leaders and the geoscience education community about what does, and does not, work well in the large classroom setting. Cost: $25.
2012 AGU Heads and Chairs Workshop
Dec 2 2012 This one-day workshop will provide an opportunity for experienced and new heads and chairs of Earth and Space Science departments to discuss successful strategies and challenges with others, learn about building a strong department, and meet other heads and chairs.
Making Connections: Transferring and Applying Learning Among Courses
Nov 28-30 2012 November 28-30, 2012 Location: Weitz 231 Sponsor: CISMI and HHMI This event has already occurred, registration for the workshop is closed Description Wish students would carry more of what they learned in one ...
Making Connections Workshop 2012
Nov 28-30 2012 November 28-30, 2012Location: Weitz 231Sponsor: CISMI and HHMI Registration for the workshop is closed. Description Wish students would carry more of what they learned in one course into the next? What would you ...
Nov 15 2012 CSInParallel: An incremental approach to adding PDC throughout the CS curriculum Presented by Richard Brown, Libby Shoop, and Joel Adams Thursday, Nov. 15, 1:30 - 5:30 Welcome The CSInParallel project ...
2012 GSA Short Course 4-Pack
Nov 3 2012 cosponsored by NAGT and the Geoscience Education Division of GSA Registration Details To sign up for a workshop, use the GSA meeting registration . You can add a short course to your meeting registration or attend ...
Assessing Student Learning in the Liberal Arts
Oct 19-21 2012 Participants from all 14 ACM colleges will meet in workshop to discuss common concerns about coordinating, conducting, and sustaining assessment of student learning at small liberal arts colleges. Our focus will ...
Jul 28-30 2012 July 26-28, 2012, Highline Community College, Seattle, WA To date, nearly 30 colleges and universities have successfully used the online resources encompassed by The Math You Need, When You Need It (TMYN). ...