More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 15 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 123 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 2 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GETSI 1 match
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 19 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 3 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 28 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 2 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 2 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 27 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 11 - 20 of 322 matches
(Re)Designing your Earth-related Course for Improved Student Learning
Oct 23 2015 Friday, October 23, 2015 University of Washington-Tacoma Our understanding of how people learn and what classroom practices best support that learning has grown and solidified over the past few decades. We now ...
Developing Systems Thinking
Oct 23 2015 Friday, Oct 23, 2015 9:00 am Pacific | 10:00 am Mountain | 11:00 am Central | 12:00 pm Eastern Leader: Hannah Scherer, Virginia Tech This event has already taken place. See the recording below. Jump down to: ...
Webinar: Helping Educators Use Your Resources for Implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards
Oct 20 2015 October 22, 2015 1:00 PM Pacific | 2:00 PM Mountain | 3:00 PM Central | 4:00 PM Eastern Due to a surge in interest, we have had to end registration for this event. The webinar will be recorded and this will be ...
Teaching Geoscience with MATLAB®Workshop
Oct 18-20 2015 October 18-20, 2015 Carleton College, Northfield, MN Note: this workshop has already taken place. Read the workshop synthesis for a summary of key ideas and see the workshop outcomes for materials developed in ...
Adapting InTeGrate Materials to Best Effect
Oct 13 2015 Tuesday, October 13, 2015 10:00 am Pacific | 11:00 am Mountain | 12:00 pm Central | 1:00 pm Eastern Leader: Anne Egger This event has already taken place. See the recording below. Jump down to: Resources, ...
Workshop for Early Career Geoscience Faculty
Jul 26-30 2015 July 26-30, 2015 (optional trip to NSF on Friday, July 31) College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia The application deadline for this workshop has passed. Join us for a multi-day workshop in a ...
Teaching with InTeGrate Materials in a 2YC Environment
Jul 16-17 2015 Focusing on InTeGrate's goal of increasing geoscience literacy for all undergraduate students, participants in this session will develop plans for fostering adoption of InTeGrate materials. Specifically ...
Engaging Students in Scientific Research in your Course
Jul 16-17 2015 The national PCAST report makes a strong call for using research in our courses. Integrating research into the courses we teach offers students training and practice with what we do as scientists and helps to ...
Strengthening Sustainability Learning in your Program
Jul 16-17 2015 At this workshop you will explore and develop ideas for integrating learning about the Earth with the societal problems of sustainability and the environment. You will learn from successful examples and will ...
Improving the Odds of Student Success: Academic supports and more
Jul 16-17 2015 To successfully reach educational goals, students need academic support, motivation, a sense of community, and professional opportunities. After reviewing what we have already learned about those needs - ...