- American Studies
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Fine Arts
- Health Sciences human health topics
- Library Science
- Media Studies
- Political Science
- Women's and Gender Studies
Location Show all Location
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 3 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 35 matches
- Building Strong Geoscience Departments 1 match
- Chronos Workshop 3 matches
- CLEAN 23 matches
- Curriculum for the Bioregion 130 matches
- Cutting Edge 1397 matches
- Earth and Space Science 6 matches
- Earth Exploration Toolbook 43 matches
- EarthLabs 2 matches
- EarthLabs for Educators 47 matches
- GeoMapApp Learning Activities 8 matches
- Geoscience in Two-year Colleges 15 matches
- Integrate 92 matches
- Integrating Research and Education 53 matches
- Keyah Math 15 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 32 matches
- Microbial Life 4 matches
- NAGT 120 matches
- National Numeracy Network 23 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 1378 matches
- Quantitative Skills 138 matches
- QuIRK 9 matches
- SISL 28 matches
- Starting Point-Teaching Entry Level Geoscience 584 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 100 matches
- State Your Case 5 matches
- Sustainability Workshop 2 matches
- Teacher Preparation 18 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 5 matches
- Visualizing the Liberal Arts 47 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 4372 matches
The Sleeping Mountain part of Starting Point-Teaching Entry Level Geoscience:Role Playing:Examples
In this role-playing scenario, students represent townspeople whose lives and livelihoods are endangered by an active volcano which may or may not erupt in the near future. -
See the activity page for details.
Analyzing the Antarctic Ozone Hole part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:Analyzing the Antarctic Ozone Hole
DATA: Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer (TOMS) Images. TOOLS: ImageJ, Spreadsheet. SUMMARY: Animate and explore 10 years of Southern Hemisphere ozone images. Then measure and graph the area of the ozone hole over time.
Directed Discovery of Crystal Structures part of Integrating Research and Education:Crystallography:Directed Discovery of Crystal Structures
David Mogk and Kent Ratajeski Department of Earth Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT Published Jan. 25, 2005 Description This contribution is modified from a published exercise "Directed ...
Investigating Earthquakes: GIS Mapping and Analysis (College Level) part of Starting Point-Teaching Entry Level Geoscience:Teaching with GIS:Examples
This is a college-level adaptation of a chapter from the Earth Exploration Toolbook. The students download global quake data over a time range and use GIS to interpret the tectonic context. -
Creating Custom Map Images of Earth and Other Worlds part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:Jules
DATA: Planetary images and geodesy data. TOOL: UNAVCO's Jules Verne Voyager Map Server. SUMMARY: Generate maps of Earth or any of 19 other planets and moons. Save and import images into presentations or reports.
Igneous Rock Compositions and Plate Tectonics part of Integrating Research and Education:EarthChem:Igneous Rocks and Tectonics
Allen Glazner, email@example.com Department of Geological Sciences, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC Kent Ratajeski, firstname.lastname@example.org Department of Earth Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman, ...
Detecting El NiÃo in Sea Surface Temperature Data part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:PMEL
DATA: Sea Surface Temperature (SST). TOOL: My World GIS. SUMMARY: Examine 15 years of SST data from the Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory. Create and analyze average SST maps to identify El Nino and La Nina events.
Mapping Local Data in a GIS part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:MyMap
DATA: Student-collected GPS data and site characterizations TOOLS: MyWorld GIS, spreadsheet program - Follow a study of Urban Heat Islands as an example of map-based science research projects.
Envisioning Climate Change Using a Global Climate Model part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:Envisioning Climate Change Using a Global Climate Model
DATA: NASA/GISS Model II Global Climate Model. TOOL: Educational Global Climate Modeling Suite (EdGCM). SUMMARY: Run climate modeling software to visualize how temperature and snow coverage might change over the next 100 years.
Shrinking Forest - Growing Problem part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:Shrinking Forests
DATA: Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Images. TOOL: ImageJ. SUMMARY: Process and measure time-series SAR images to analyze the rate of deforestation in the Amazon rainforest. Produce a color composite image showing the oldest to most recently deforested areas.