Location Show all Location
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 12 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 1 match
- Building Strong Geoscience Departments 15 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 112 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoMapApp Learning Activities 1 match
- Geoscience in Two-year Colleges 10 matches
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 7 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 1 match
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 4 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 5 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- NSDL: Retrospective Essays 1 match
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 1 match
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SISL 1 match
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 239 matches
Using Data to Teach Earth Processes part of Cutting Edge:Data, Simulations and Models:Workshop 03
Workshop held at the 2003 GSA Conference in November. Participants created a series of posters and presentations detailing various approaches to using and understanding data in the classroom.
Visualization Workshop 2004 part of Cutting Edge:Visualization:Teaching Geoscience with Visualizations
February 2004 workshop devoted to current geoscience visualization technology, its effective use in the classroom, and the development of better technology in the coming years.
Geology and Human Health part of Cutting Edge:Geology and Human Health:Workshop 04
May 2004 workshop exploring where and when the growing field of medical geology is taught and how human health and public policy topics can be incorporated into undergraduate geological education.
Teaching Petrology part of Cutting Edge:Petrology:2003 Workshop
July 2003 Workshop devoted to issues facing the study of petrology given advances in understanding, analytical and field methods, and technology. Participants produced a collection of instructional materials.
Course Design '04 part of Cutting Edge:Course Design:Workshop 04
Annual workshop in which participants worked toward designing or redesigning an undergraduate geoscience course with an eye to innovation and effective teaching strategies.
Teaching Structural Geology part of Cutting Edge:Structural Geology:2004 Workshop
June-July 2004 workshop focused on the creation of classroom, laboratory, and field activities for students of structural geology. Participants also investigated the various issues involved in teaching concepts and processes of structural geology. A variety of resources and activities produced at the workshop are now available online.
Early Career '04 part of Cutting Edge:Early Career:Previous Workshops:Workshop 04
The annual workshop for early-career faculty focusing on research, course design, teaching strategies, and time management. The 2004 workshop was held in June.
Career Prep '04 part of Cutting Edge:Career Prep:Previous Workshops:Workshop 04
Annual workshop helping graduate students and post-doctoral fellows prepare for an academic career through the development of teaching and research skills as well as a personal action plan. The 2004 workshop was held in July-August.
Career Prep '03 part of Cutting Edge:Career Prep:Previous Workshops:Workshop 03
Annual workshop helping graduate students and post-doctoral fellows prepare for an academic career through the development of teaching and research skills as well as a personal action plan.
Course Design '02 part of Cutting Edge:Course Design:Workshop 02
First annual workshop in which participants worked toward designing or redesigning an undergraduate geoscience course with an eye to innovation and effective teaching strategies. Held in July and August 2002.