SERC is Hiringpublished Oct 24, 2013 11:51am
The Science Education Resource Center at Carleton College is accepting applications for a new, full-time Assistant Director position. The Assistant Director assists the Director in designing, delivering, and managing Science Education Resource Center (SERC) programming.
The Assistant Director is a member of the senior level SERC management team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and leading face-to-face, virtual and hybrid professional development opportunities in the geosciences and beyond including programming for individual faculty and for departments and programs.
- Developing on-line resources that support effective geoscience and STEM education.
- Managing staff contributions to professional development programming including workshops and website content.
- Leading projects including management of financial and staff resources, reporting, communications, and quality assurance.
- Developing funding for new projects.
- Participating in overall SERC management activities.
- PhD in a field of Geoscience or Education and working familiarity with the goals and front-line developments of the other field.
- Experience with professional development programming including both workshop leadership and website communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to effective practices in higher education, particularly STEM education.
- Demonstrated ability as a community leader fostering the advancement of STEM education.
- Successful grant writing experience, effective management and communication skills
The position is eligible for Carleton's benefits package. The position is open until filled. For additional information and application procedures visit the Carleton College Employment Webpage