Action Plan: Meredith Denton-Hedrick
Institution: Austin Community College
What is the issue you plan to address?
I want to make my physical geology field trip more hands-on by turning it into a project-based field trip rather than a show-and-tell. AS THE SHOULD BE
What are the actions you will take to make this happen?
- Compile a list of appropriate hands-on, project-based field activities, each of which can be completed within a one- to two-hour time frame.
- Match field activities to suitable localities in and around Austin.
- Select top activities to be completed during normal field trip timeframe (8:30am to 5:30pm).
- Select data to be collected during each activity.
- Make plan for data analysis. (Prefer most data analysis to be quick and in the field. Some analysis may have to happen back in lab.)
- Compile field trip guidebook.
What is the timeline for implementing your actions?
I will have a plan for the revised field trip completed by the end of the Fall 2013 semester.
How will you know if you are successful?
Feedback will be collected on the student evaluations completed near the end of the semester. Students will be asked to assess the learning value of the hands-on activities.