Description of the Research Project and Implications of Participation
As a participant in a SAGE 2YC workshop, you are being asked to take part in a research project conducted by the College of William and Mary. We received funding from the National Science Foundation for this project (DUE #1122592). The purpose of this research is to investigate:
- Effective professional development for a broad group of 2YC faculty
- The impact of the professional development activities on individual teaching practices and on their geoscience program, department, and institutions
- The effectiveness and use of the online resource/websites.
- How the professional development models implemented by the project differ, including the strengths and challenges of each, engagement of both full-time and adjunct faculty in instructional improvement.
- The expansion of 2YC faculty leadership capacity.
If you agree to take part in this study, we will analyze the information you submit in the application and registration forms, as well as the materials you submit as part of the workshop and its follow-on activities (e.g. scenarios and solutions, evaluation forms, follow-up surveys). You may also be asked to participate in a telephone interview. We will conduct the interviews via telephone approximately three-nine months after the workshop. If you do not wish to be audio taped, you do not need participate in this part of the study.
These data will be incorporated into our research results in aggregate. Presentation of the material will be confined to project work groups, professional publications, and conferences. When individual quotes are used to illustrate important points, your name will not be identified. There are no foreseeable risks resulting from your participation. Your participation in this workshop is voluntary and you may leave at any time.
If you have questions about this project, please contact Dr. Heather Macdonald, Department of Geology, College of William & Mary, PO Box 8795, Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795. Phone: 757-221-2443 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact contact the chair of the Institutional Review Board, Dr. Lee Kirkpatrick, Chair of the Protection of Human Subjects Committee, College of William & Mary. Phone: 757-221-3997 Email: email@example.com.