Background: Learning in the FieldFor more detailed discussions of field-based learning, see the following online resources.
- Using Field Observations and Field Experiences to Teach Geoscience - an illustrated community discussion that is part of the Cutting Edge workshop series. Includes a searchable collection of field experiences and activities.
- JGE Articles on Field-Based Learning - a list of papers published between 2001-2004 in the Journal of Geoscience Education on the theme of field-based learning. Compiled on the NAGT website.
- Teaching in the Field - an NAGT website designed to aid teachers in teaching in the field. This site includes field teaching tips, field trip examples, as well as strategies for successful field trips.
- Using Field Labs - a page from the SERC Starting Point site focusing on field laboratories in entry-level geoscience courses.
- Examples of Good Practice in Earth Science Learning & Teaching: Fieldwork - proceedings from the UK Geosciences Fieldwork Symposium, held at the Higher Education Academy Subject Centre for Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences (GEES) at the University of Plymouth
- Abstracts from the "Teaching Geology in the Field" technical session at the 2004 GSA Meeting
- Abstracts from the 2004 GSA technical session "Current Research on Situated Teaching and Learning in Geoscience: Field-Based, Case-Based, Problem-Based, Place-Based"