Selected References and Sources for Continued Study
The selected references listed below will help you continue your study of the petrology of the Yellowstone and Crater Lake volcanic rocks.
Bacon, C.R., and Druitt, T.H., 1988, Compositional evolution of the zoned calcalkaline magma chamber of Mount Mazama, Crater Lake, Oregon: Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 98, p. 224-256.
- Bacon, C.R., Gunn, S.H., Lanphere, M.A., and Wooden, J.L., 1994, Multiple isotopic components in Quaternary volcanic rocks of the Cascade Arc near Crater Lake, Oregon: Journal of Petrology, v. 35, p. 1521-1556.
- Druitt, T.H., and Bacon, C.R., 1989, Petrology of the zoned calcalkaline magma chamber of Mount Mazama, Crater Lake, Oregon: Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 101, p. 245-259.
- Nakada, W., Bacon, C.R., and Gartner, A.E., 1994, Origin of phenocrysts and compositional diversity in pre-Mazama rhyodacite lavas, Crater Lake, Oregon: Journal of Petrology, v. 35, p. 127-162.
- Suzuki-Kamata, K., and Kamata, H., 1993, Evolution of the caldera-forming eruption at Crater Lake, Oregon, indicated by component analysis of lithic fragments: Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 98, p. 14059-14074.
- Bindeman, I.N., and Valley, J.W., 2001, Low delta-18O rhyolites from Yellowstone: magmatic evolution based on analyses of zircons and individual phenocrysts: Journal of Petrology, v. 42, p. 1491-1517.
- Christiansen, R.L., 2001, The Quaternary and Pliocene Yellowstone Plateau Volcanic Field of Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 729-G, 145 p.