Interactive Online Model Examples
Interactive on-line modeling examples
- Daisyworld: Interactive On-line PC and Mac(?)
Students use a JAVA interface design by R.M. MacKay to explore the Daisy World model. The JAVA interface comes with a link to a 6-page student activity page in PDF format.
- Sun Path: Interactive On-line Mac or PC
Students use SunPath in the yearly mode to investigate seasonal changes in sunrise, sunset, length of day and sun altitude at their own latitude. JAVA activity for Mac or PC.
- Wave Superposition: Interactive On-line Mac and PC
An Interactive JAVA environment to allow one to look at the linear superposition of up to 4 ocean waves
- Waves Through Earth: Interactive Online Mac and PC
Students vary the seismic P and S wave velocity through each of four concentric regions of Earth and match "data" for travel times vs. angular distance around Earth's surface from the ...
- Wind Surge: Interactive On-line Mac and PC
Wind surge is a JAVA based applet for exploring how water level on the windward and leeward side of a basin depends on wind speed, basin length, water depth, and boundary type.