Search Starting Point
This pages allows you to search across all of the Starting Point site. We also have a similar search limited to teaching activities.Help
Areas of the Site
- 15 matches General/Other
- Assessment 22 matches
- Campus Living Laboratory 14 matches
- ConcepTests 338 matches
- Conceptual Models 8 matches
- Cooperative Learning 59 matches
- Earth History Approach 46 matches
- Experience-Based Environmental Projects 19 matches
- Field Labs 36 matches
- First Day of Class 65 matches
- Gallery Walks 37 matches
- Games 34 matches
- Indoor Labs 25 matches
- Interactive Lecture Demonstrations 77 matches
- Interactive Lectures 113 matches
- Investigative Case Based Learning 35 matches
- Jigsaws 10 matches
- Just in Time Teaching 75 matches
- Mathematical and Statistical Models 44 matches
- Models 12 matches
- Peer Review 28 matches
- Role Playing 43 matches
- Service Learning 41 matches
- Socratic Questioning 23 matches
- Spreadsheets Across the Curriculum 58 matches
- Studio Teaching in the Geosciences 14 matches
- Teaching Urban Students 11 matches
- Teaching with Data 70 matches
- Teaching with GIS 21 matches
- Teaching with Google Earth 19 matches
- Teaching with Visualizations 19 matches
- Undergraduate Research 48 matches
- Using an Earth System Approach 62 matches
Results 41 - 50 of 1541 matches
Light Reactions of Photosynthesis part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
Light reactions of photosynthesis including location and steps for non-cyclic and cyclic photophosphorylation.
Dark Reactions of Photosynthesis part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
The dark reactions of photosynthesis (Calvin Cycle) are presented in this learning experience to show where these processes take place in the plant as well as the specific reactions involved.
Plant Growth Regulation part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
Plant growth regulators, including auxin, gibberellin, cytokinin, abscisic acid, and ethylene, are investigated in this learning activity to demonstrate how these chemicals (hormones) affect plant growth and development.
Mitosis and Meiosis part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
Drawings and animations, are used to help participants understand the differences between and steps involved in mitosis and meiosis. The cell cycle as well as individual steps of mitosis and meiosis are included in this learning material.
Nervous System part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
This learning strategy provides discussion and visualizations of the neuron and its function, as well as components and functions of different parts of the nervous system, including the human brain.
Magma Viscosity Demos part of Interactive Lectures:Examples
This is an interactive lecture where students answer questions about demonstrations shown in several movie files. They learn to connect what they have learned about molecules, phases of matter, silicate crystal ...
Chemical Equilibrium Misconceptions part of Mathematical and Statistical Models:Mathematical and Statistical Models Examples
This STELLA modeling and writing assignment helps students confront and replace common misconceptions about chemical equilibrium. -
Digestive System part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
The digestive system is investigated in this learning activity to help participants learn how food is broken down and prepared for absorption, and list the components of the digestive system as well as their functions. Organs investigated include the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum, and anus.
Plant Pest Control part of Teaching with Data:Examples
This learning experience introduces participants to scientific inquiry, hypothesis formation, experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation. -
Respiratory System part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
The purpose, components, and functions of the respiratory system are presented in this learning through disussion and visualizations. Participants learn about the nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, and alveoli.