Search Starting Point
This pages allows you to search across all of the Starting Point site. We also have a similar search limited to teaching activities.Help
Areas of the Site
- 15 matches General/Other
- Assessment 21 matches
- Campus-Based Learning 14 matches
- ConcepTests 334 matches
- Conceptual Models 8 matches
- Cooperative Learning 59 matches
- Earth History Approach 46 matches
- Experience-Based Environmental Projects 19 matches
- Field Labs 36 matches
- First Day of Class 65 matches
- Gallery Walks 37 matches
- Games 34 matches
- Indoor Labs 25 matches
- Interactive Lecture Demonstrations 77 matches
- Interactive Lectures 113 matches
- Investigative Case Based Learning 35 matches
- Jigsaws 10 matches
- Just in Time Teaching 75 matches
- Mathematical and Statistical Models 44 matches
- Models 12 matches
- Peer Review 28 matches
- Role Playing 43 matches
- Service Learning 41 matches
- Socratic Questioning 23 matches
- Spreadsheets Across the Curriculum 58 matches
- Studio Teaching in the Geosciences 14 matches
- Teaching Urban Students 11 matches
- Teaching with Data 70 matches
- Teaching with GIS 21 matches
- Teaching with Google Earth 19 matches
- Teaching with Visualizations 19 matches
- Undergraduate Research 48 matches
- Using an Earth System Approach 62 matches
Results 31 - 40 of 1536 matches
How Does Surface Deformation at an Active Volcano Relate to Pressure and Volume Change in the Magma Chamber? part of Spreadsheets Across the Curriculum:Examples
SSAC Physical Volcanology module. Students build a spreadsheet to examine and apply the Mogi model for horizontal and vertical surface displacement vs. depth and pressure conditions in the magma chamber.
Northwest Passage part of Teaching with Google Earth:Examples
An investigation of changes in polar regions using Google Earth.
Energy Consumption Rates across the USA and the World part of Teaching with Google Earth:Examples
A investigation of differences in rates and categories of energy use between countries and US states
The Boxing Day Tsunami part of Teaching with Google Earth:Examples
Undergraduate students map data from the National Geophysical Data Center and the United States Geological Survey on Google Earth and study visualizations in order to explore the causes and effects of the Tsunami ...
Conics and Reflection part of Mathematical and Statistical Models:Mathematical and Statistical Models Examples
This is a discovery bases lesson on the reflective properties of the conics: parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas. -
Searching Genbank part of Teaching with Data:Examples
An active problem-based assignment that uses the Genbank database to teach the basics of molecular biology and molecular evolution -
Greenhouse Emissions Reduction Role-Play Exercise part of Role Playing:Examples
When the science is so clear, why is it so difficult to make agreements that will reduce our impact on climate change? This exercise is designed to help students explore that important question in an active and ...
Light Reactions of Photosynthesis part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
Light reactions of photosynthesis including location and steps for non-cyclic and cyclic photophosphorylation.
Dark Reactions of Photosynthesis part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
The dark reactions of photosynthesis (Calvin Cycle) are presented in this learning experience to show where these processes take place in the plant as well as the specific reactions involved.
Plant Growth Regulation part of Teaching with Visualizations:Visualization Examples
Plant growth regulators, including auxin, gibberellin, cytokinin, abscisic acid, and ethylene, are investigated in this learning activity to demonstrate how these chemicals (hormones) affect plant growth and development.