Search Starting Point
This pages allows you to search across all of the Starting Point site. We also have a similar search limited to teaching activities.
Areas of the Siteshowing only Just in Time Teaching Show all Areas of the Site
Results 1 - 10 of 75 matches
JiTT - Dam Removal - A Good Idea or Not? part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
1) What are some of the biological effects of dam removal (good and bad)? 2) What are some of the more pressing/compelling reasons to remove a dam? Explain. 3) The Stanley and Doyle (2003) article states that, ...
JiTT - Geologic Dating part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
1) How are zircons formed? 2) Which of the following statements describes relative geologic dating? a) the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus rex went extinct at the same time b) dinosaurs came later than horseshoe ...
JiTT - Ethics of Fossil Collecting part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
1) What do you think it means for a fossil resource to be "abused"? 2) What's the issue with fossil hunting on federal land (such as National Parks)? Explain what your interpretation of the conflict ...
JiTT-Scientific Method part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
A "Just in Time Teaching" question about he scientific method with follow-up class room activities and an exam question. -
Linear Systems and Matrices part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
The Standard Model: Using CERN output graphics to identify elementary particles part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
After using the historical development of the Standard Model to develop introductory understanding, students link to OPAL and DELPHI data archives from CERN to identify and study the tracks from elementary ...
Angular Momentum Experiment part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
After using the historical development of concepts of conserved motion to develop introductory understanding, students are directed to a series of activities to gain a better understanding of momentum, conservation ...
Graph Predictions for Position, Velocity and Acceleration part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
Graphical Just-in-Time-Teaching questions for use before classes in which students explore position, velocity and acceleration graphs. -
JiTT - La Brea Tar Pits part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
1) What is "tar" and how does it form? 2) List the animals that have been uncovered in the tar pits that you didn't know were native to North America. Why do you think these animals are now extinct? ...
JiTT - Neanderthals and Modern Humans part of Just in Time Teaching:Examples
1) What are Neanderthals? How do they differ from modern humans? 2) Discuss some of the new ideas as to why early human ancestors dispersed from Africa. 3) What are DNA studies telling us about human migrations and ...