Open-ended peer review form for a science articlefrom University of Hawaii at Manoa's Writing Program (HTML).
1) Does the manuscript warrant publication in this journal?
_____ Acceptable in present form
_____ Acceptable with minor revision, no further review necessary
_____ Major revision and a second review is required
_____ Not acceptable (provide detailed explanation under "comments" below)
2) Is the title satisfactory? Explain.
3) Does the abstract adequately summarize the paper or could it be more complete or concise? Indicate suggested revision on the manuscript or under "comments" (below).
4) Are sufficient references provided? Are they appropriate and free from obvious omissions? If not, explain.
5) Does the paper present material effectively? Indicate suggested changes on manuscript or under "comments" (below).
- Could the clarity or efficiency be improved by changes in the order of the paper? __________
- Should the language or grammar be improved? __________
- Are there portions of the text that could be omitted? __________
6) Are there errors in factual information, logic, analysis, statistics, or mathematics? __________ Address these issues in detail in the "comments" (below). Suggest improvements.
7) Mechanical errors (address on the manuscript)
_____ Figures or tables improperly or incompletely labeled or titled or not cited
_____ Misuse of references (failure to cite, reference needed and not provided)
_____ Other: _______________
8) Comments (Attach additional pages as necessary)